VII

Talia had put on a black dress. She would probably match Lydia, her closet being all black. Maybe a little white or gray. But that was basically it.

So she checked everything in the mirror. She saw BJ on the bed, seemingly doing nothing. But she knew he was watching her like some kind of scanner, like he did every time she put on a different outfit.

"Something's missing." With that he snapped his fingers. "Perfect."

Talia didn't understand at first. But as soon as she looked at the dress, she saw white stripes. It looked like a version of his suit. She just sighed, not wanting to argue again.

"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice." She said, an angry growl from him and he walked away to the model.

She went down to the dining room. Delia's friends were there. And to her unfortunately joy, Otho too. She felt like he was drying her like some kind of lion with its prey. It was disgusting.

Like last time, dinner went on without her hearing half of what they were saying. And whenever they did talk to her, they gave short answers.

"That's an interesting choice of dress, if I may say so." Otho watched Talia, who sighed.

"A friend gave it to me, I never ended up wearing it and I thought today would be the time." She smiled slightly, trying to ignore the feeling of disgust.

"It's pretty."

Talia tuned out of the conversation again. But soon something started to get strange. The atmosphere showed that something was wrong.

Soon Delia started singing and moving her arms. And everyone followed her, except Lydia. Even Talia started singing, unable to stop her body from moving and singing.

Maybe it was Beetlejuice? But only she knew how to get him out of the model. Unless Lydia had figured it all out.

Or were they the ghosts of the old couple who owned the house? Adam and Barbara if she remembered. Lydia said they wanted to scare them into leaving the house.

It was all over soon. Talia felt completely strange. It had been a possession, from the bits of conversation she could hear.

Delia asked Lydia to call the ghosts. They had been having fun with the supernatural activity, which was already unusual, now wanting to meet the ghosts was peculiar. And the most excited one was Otho.

But Lydia came back saying they wouldn't go down. Talia told them all to go to the attic. She sighed, hoping BJ wouldn't do anything. Soon she decided to go after them. But they were already coming back.