𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Joshua stared at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep again, but it wasn't because of his insomnia. It was because of Lee Dokyeom.

He couldn't stop thinking about Lee Dokyeom.

Dokyeom had just saved his life. Joshua would have drank that wine and died if Dokyeom wasn't observant enough to notice the difference in the appearance of the drinks.

He was his personal saviour and to honour him, Joshua had decided to endow all his trust to the man. He felt a bit ashamed that he ever doubted Dokyeom because if he was a real enemy, he would've let Joshua die right then and there.

No one had ever protected him as a choice before. He had all these bodyguards and staff but they only protected him because they were paid to, because they would suffer the consequences if they didn't.

But Dokyeom, he had chosen to save Joshua when nobody else would have and Joshua decided to never forget that, to never forget that now, he owed his life to him.

Maybe some would say he was overreacting but Joshua didn't grow up with people who wanted him alive. So this was rare... Dokyeom was rare.

...

The loud knock on the door woke Seokmin up from sleep in a pissed mood. He wondered why the hell someone would be knocking on his door so loudly.

He took a look at the time on his phone screen. It was just 5am. He didn't have to go to work until 9.

He moved slowly out of his bed before going out of his bedroom and opening the front door. Standing behind the threshold was Parker with two cups of what looked like iced americanos to Seokmin.

Except why was he here by 5am with two iced americanos? "What are you doing here?" Seokmin mumbled, still not fully awake. "Energy boost! I know working for that devil must be hard." He handed the drink to Seokmin who sighed as he held it, taking a sip.

The 'iced' americano was in fact warm and it felt rubbery against Seokmin's tongue. "This tastes like shit." He handed it back, refusing to close his mouth and let the taste simmer.

"Oh really? I guess the ice melted." Parker walked in putting the cups on Seokmin's coffee table. "Yeah, no shit." Seokmin rubbed his eyes.

"You can leave now, I need to go back to sleep." Seokmin yawned, one of his eyes still closed. "And besides you're not supposed to be here, if anyone sees you, they could link you to me and that would ruin everything."