Chapter 4- Forgotten

The island was large and full of life. The bright sun rays were glistening on the sand. The leaves on the trees dance swiftly along with the breeze. There was nothing but sea surrounding the island, and it seemed to stretch out for miles. On the beach, two boys were dueling with wooden swords. A mighty "THUD!" Was heard as one of them fell to the ground. "Oow!, geez man, you could ease up a little. Im still a little sore from last time we did this." Said the boy on the ground. "Since when are you the complaining type? You'll never become a Keyblade Master if you cant even beat me." The other boy said with a smirk. "Whatever, i can beat you no problem." Said the boy as he stood up from the ground, brushing off his shorts. He had long, spiky brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a short, black, unzipped hoodie over his blue shirt, with a necklace of a silver crown around his neck. His black shorts were long with many straps and two large red pockets. He also wore gloves that covered the palms of his hands. "Try taking me on again, ill show you what a real Keyblade Master is Riku!" Sora said while glaring at the other boy. Riku was a tall boy with long silver hair and his own set of blue eyes. He wore a black, sleeveless vest with a collar and long baggy pants. "You just never learn do you?" Riku said with a grin. "Alright then, round two-" "Geez, can't you guys think of anything better to do besides fight with those wooden swords?" Interrupted a red haired young woman. "Well maybe you'd find it fun if you actually tried it Kairi." Sora said with squinted eyes and a huge grin. "Nah, thats your thing, i don't think id be able to keep up with you two. Hehe." Kairi laughs. Riku and Sora look at each other and laugh. "Anyway, Sora, i found this letter for you at the door near the bridge. It has some odd seal on it though." Kairi said handing him the letter. Sora looks at the white envelope and notices a black star symbol. "This is...weird..." Sora says with a concerned look. He then pulls the folded paper out of the envelope. "Well whats it say?" Says Kairi with curious eyes. "It says: '...Courage...and light...too perfect a mixture...' What the heck does that mean? And what is this thing?" Sora says as he retrieves a a tiny black ball made of metal from the envelope. "Wha-" Riku begins to speak, then suddenly feels a chill down his spine. "Hmm? Riku whats wrong?" Says the spikey haired boy. "I think you should get rid of that thing." Riku says with worry in his voice. "Huh, why?" Suddenly, the ball begins to glow and begins to float upward from Sora's palm. It then shapes itself into a star. Riku quickly grabs the ball and chucks it towards the sky. "Wha- what did you do that for?!" Kairi yells. Riku then has them avert their eyes in the direction of the star in the air. "POOF!" The star bursts into a massive cloud of black smoke. "W-woah..." Sora says, bewildered by what he just witnessed. "How did you know it would explode like that?" "Im...not sure, i sensed some strange dark magic, and something just told me i should get rid of it. Anyway, whoever sent that message is obviously after you, Sora. You need to be more cautious from now on." Sora looks at Riku and nods with a serious look. "EEEEEEKKK!!!" Kairi lets out an enormous shriek that was able to be heard across the entire island. "Woah, whats wrong kai-" Kairi points, having Sora and Riku avert their eyes towards the sea. "W-WHO IS THAT?!" Kairi screams. A person was lying face down, completely still in the water. With no hesitation, Riku jumps into the water swimming directly towards the person. Once near them, he puts the person on his back, piggy back style. Once back on shore, he slowly puts the person on the ground. It was a young female with mid-length black hair and a single left-swept red highlight on her bangs. She was wearing a navy blue sailor uniform. Her shirt was a crop top with mid-length sleeves that bore her midriff. She had a sailor-style collar with red stripes that was tied by a multicolored scarf. Her skirt was held up by suspenders attached to a belt. On her left hand was a fingerless red glove with a strange tiny lever. Sora, Riku, and Kairi surrounded the young girl, all with concerned eyes. "Its a girl?" Sora said with a confused look. Kairi then closer inspects the girl. "Ive never seen her around here before, have you guys?" Riku and Sora both nod no. Kairi leans in to check the girls breathing. "Wow, shes breathing perfectly fine. But...how?" "Her face isnt even wet, yet she was face down in the water." Riku said with fascination. "Then why is she unconscious? I don't see any wounds or anything." Sora says while checking for any injuries. "Well, at least shes breathing, so maybe we should give her some space until she wakes up." They all nod at each other in agreement. Riku lifts the girl off the ground again, and takes her too the wooden hut under the bridge. Inside is a large wooden shelf with nothing on it, a path that leads up to the door which leads to the bridge, and a small bed on the left hand side. Riku carefully places the black haired girl on the bed, and leaves the room. He then closes the door slowly. "When do you think shes gonna wake up?" Kairi says with worry wavering her voice. "Could be hours, days even. We have no other choice but to wait and see." Riku says.

"...she...she doesnt know anymore...Ill have to do it myself..."

The girl jolts up on the bed from her sleep. "Who...was that? Was someone talking in my head? W-who was she?" The girl stuttered. She then takes a look around. "Where...am I?" She then cautiously walks up the small flight of stairs leading upward. She opens the door at the end of the stairway and her blue eyes grow wide. Due to the sun being set, the sun and sky were a dark red color. She looked around and realized she was on an island. Directly in front of her was a wooden bridge leading to a small, round area with many trees. One of them was long and very slanted. Sitting on the slanted tree was a spiky haired boy. He was sitting next to a girl with red hair, and on his other side, a tall boy with silver hair. The silver haired boy noticed the girl and waved. He and the other two began to run towards the girl, stopping directly in front of her. "Woah, your finally awake! Glad to see you're ok!" Said the spikey haired boy. "Where...where am I? What is this place?" The girl said with a hint of fear in her voice. "Don't worry, your safe here. This is Destiny Islands, we all live here." Said the red haired girl. "Anyway i think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Kairi. The guy with the spiky hair is Sora, and the tall one is Riku. Whats your name?"

"I.... I dont know..."