Ch 36.

Shubman led Ishan through parts of the school that Ishan had never seen before, taking shortcuts and weaving through hidden corners. 

Ishan, though he wouldn't admit it, was secretly loving the little adventure. His eyes darted around in amazement, wondering how he had never noticed these places. 

It was like seeing the school through a completely different lens.

As they turned a corner, Ishan suddenly froze. His eyes widened in terror as he spotted the PT teacher walking their way. "Ab... ab kya karein...?" Ishan stammered, his heart racing.

Shubman, calm as ever, put a finger to his lips. "Shh... main hoon na."

Ishan's face scrunched up in disbelief. "Isi baat ka to darr hai," he muttered under his breath, already dreading whatever plan Shubman was cooking up.

Shubman gave him a narrowed look but didn't waste time. He quickly grabbed Ishan's arm, pulling him toward the stairs that led to the auditorium terrace—a place where students were strictly forbidden to go. 

Ishan's heart pounded even harder as he looked back, seeing the PT teacher heading their way.

"Shubman, hum pakde gaye to?" Ishan whispered in panic, but there was no turning back now.

Shubman shot him a reassuring look. "Kuch nahi hoga," he whispered back, pulling Ishan along as they silently climbed the stairs.

Ishan's stomach churned with nerves as they reached the top of the stairs. It was eerily quiet, the kind of place that gave you goosebumps. 

The terrace was old and unused, covered in dust, with a perfect view of the school grounds. Ishan quickly glanced over his shoulder to see if the PT teacher was still coming.

"Shubman... " Ishan whispered, his voice shaky.

Shubman just smiled, clearly enjoying the thrill. "Yeh best idea hai, trust me," he said, crouching down and pulling Ishan with him to hide behind the wall of the terrace.

They could hear the PT teacher's footsteps approaching, and Ishan held his breath, terrified that they'd be caught. 

Shubman, on the other hand, seemed completely unfazed, as if this was just another fun game to him. He glanced at Ishan, smirking at his nervousness.

"Relax, kuch nahi hoga," Shubman whispered, his hand still gripping Ishan's arm reassuringly.

Ishan nodded, but he wasn't convinced. The sound of the PT teacher's steps grew louder, echoing in the empty hallway below. 

Ishan clenched his fists, praying they wouldn't get caught, trusting Shubman with every nerve in his body.

As the PT sir's voice echoed, "Kaun... kaun hai upar?" panic surged through Ishan, his mind racing. 

"Shubman, sorry bol dete hain..." he whispered frantically.

But before Ishan could make any more nervous suggestions, Shubman quickly pulled him closer, pressing him against the wall, their bodies hidden between the cold concrete and the shadows. 

"Buddhu, sorry bolne pe wo chhod dega? Nahi... to yahan baith and see how Shubman's plans work," he whispered confidently, glancing back to check on the PT teacher's position.

But then, something shifted. Shubman's words trailed off, his smirk fading as he turned back to look at Ishan, who was still wide-eyed, glancing around in sheer panic. 

The way Ishan's hands clutched onto Shubman's arm, the way his eyes were darting nervously, his soft breathing—everything about that moment felt oddly captivating.