❄️10: Thin Threads❄️

"Are you breaking up with me?"

I could feel my voice shaking. Fear spread throughout my body. The beautiful woman in front of me continued to stare at me coldly and shook her head.

"This isn't a breakup because we were never together. Let's stop here."

She was about to walk away, but I grabbed her arm like it was the last straw I could hold on to.

"I'm sorry! I was wrong!" 

I said, and hugged her from behind.

The previously gentle sister didn't even shrug her shoulders in annoyance. She just stood there, turned to look at me, and said in a monotone voice, 

"Let go."

"... "

"You're annoying."

She snatched my hands away, walked to her car, started the engine, and drove away.

When I left, tears were streaming down my face. I felt completely helpless, like there was nothing I could do. In the end, all I could do was call a taxi and head back to my apartment. This was the first time I truly understood what heartbreak meant.

I tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep, my mind racing with thoughts.

What if I hadn't acted that way?

What if I had done this or said that differently?

Would things have turned out differently?

But all I got in return was emptiness. No real answers came to mind because her heart was too hard to understand.

She was a complicated person. Even now, I still don't fully understand her. As cruel as she seemed, it was part of her charm that kept me drawn to her. I was so captivated that I couldn't pull away. I wanted to know everything about her. Even when she revealed her darker side to me, it still wasn't enough. I had pried into aspects of her private life that she never wanted me to know.

But what exactly did she not want me to know, to the point of cutting me off completely?

She was the one who approached me first, even though she had intended to deceive me from the beginning. I was so anxious that I couldn't stand it, and before I knew it, morning had arrived.

I wanted to work, to be contacted by someone for a modeling job, an acting role, anything to distract me from my thoughts. But I was a freelance model and actress without any contracts. I only worked when contacted directly.

So with nothing to do, I was left in this restless state.

I had to do something. I wasn't ready to lose her. With that thought, I got dressed, took a shower, and went to her house. Normally, she never locked the door, no matter what time it was. I hoped today would be like the past, when I could just walk in.

But today....

It was different.

The door was locked from the inside. No matter how much I shook it, the door wouldn't budge. It was a clear sign that she knew something like this was going to happen.

She hammered the final nail into the coffin, as if to remind me, 

"You no longer have the right to enter my world."

No... I couldn't let her go. We hadn't even started. My heart had already sunk so low; it was impossible to back down.

"Please... open the door. I'm sorry, please," I begged.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I knocked on the door, causing a scene. If she had neighbors, someone would surely come looking soon. That was exactly my intention, to embarrass her into opening the door.