❄️Ann 2 : Beg❄️

"If you make today good, tomorrow will be worry-free..."

But here I was, having made today a disaster and causing more heartache for Run. Her face, stained with tears, made me feel an ache deep inside— knowing I had failed to keep my promise not to give her reasons to doubt me. It was like thousands of needles stabbing my heart as I watched her in pain. I’d already apologized, but it seemed to have no effect. Now, she didn’t trust me anymore.

Can I really not change?

Honestly, I hadn’t done much. Okay, maybe I did flirt a little, but that’s all it was—a way to see if I still had that effect on people. It was just bad timing that she caught me in the act, and now it’s turned into this mess.

"Prove it," she had said.

I didn’t know how I was supposed to prove it. But one thing was clear: if I had that coffee meeting with the director, I’d have to do something to shut it down for good. But whatever I did, Ran would need to see or hear it for herself. Telling her about it afterward wouldn’t do any good—she wouldn’t believe me anyway.

Fine... I’ll prove it in my own way.

Soon enough, I accidentally ran into the director again in the parking lot of the company where Run worked. Well, I wouldn’t call it an accident. I had a hunch he was waiting for me, knowing Run’s schedule and deliberately hoping to meet me. His face was flushed as he tried to muster the courage to approach me. I smiled politely, greeting him as usual and striking up a conversation.

"Fate, or coincidence, that we meet again?" I teased.

"Coincidence," he replied.

Yeah, right, I thought. But I didn’t mind. I wanted this encounter as much as he did, just to get it over with.

“Well then, I guess today is the day.” 

"..."

“How about that coffee?” 

"Sure," he said, eagerly.

We headed to a nearby café behind the building. It was a quiet spot, not too far from the company. While he went to order the coffee, I sat at the table and called Ran, who, despite still being upset, picked up. Her cold tone made me sigh.

[Yes?]

"Still mad at me, huh?"

 [It’s not anger.]

"Do you hate me, then?" 

I playfully asked, knowing full well she didn’t hate me. She was just holding back her emotions, trying not to lose her temper out of respect for my age.

 "Are you free right now?"

[I don’t have anything to do.]

"Good. Hold the line, don’t say anything. Just listen to what I’m about to do."

[What are you going to do?]

I didn’t answer her, placing the phone face down on the table. Soon, the handsome director returned with our coffee. I smiled in gratitude, giving him a flirtatious look as I always did.

“Such good service. Do you treat all the women like this?”

 “No, just doing my job,” he replied shyly.

"Seems like it’s a habit. Cute,"

 I complimented, taking a sip of the coffee he brought. 

"You got the order just right. So attentive."

I kept praising him, and he blushed with embarrassment. I gazed at him, narrowing my eyes like a snake ready to strike, and then, without hesitation, got straight to the point.