❄️09 : The Detective Caught❄️

I arrived at the casting as scheduled. Although it had already been decided that I would play the villain, I still had to perform in front of the camera for the director and others to see. Even though it was my first time, I did my best. 

There were some awkward moments, but I told myself that I could do it. The director praised me, saying that I had done well, but he mentioned that there was still something missing.

“Your eyes... they looked a little sad today. But your acting was great overall.”

“Thank you.” 

“But don’t worry.”

That was all the director said before he let me go home. As I was getting ready to leave, packing my things, I noticed someone staring at me. When I turned to look, I saw a woman about my age. As soon as our eyes met, she quickly looked away.

She was staring at me.

I raised my eyebrow slightly, a little surprised. It wasn’t a hostile look. I could sense her shyness and awkwardness, which made me smile to myself.

Still, I didn’t go over to start a conversation or anything because we had just met. I’m not the type to start conversations easily. Usually, it’s others who approach me first, and only then can I continue to build a friendship. So, we just exchanged glances, and that was it.

Alright, back to my own story...

No, it’s been about me from the beginning. I meant the story about my “sister”... Ann. Since we talked that day, we haven’t spoken.

There was no anger, but I was too hurt to try to talk to her. As for her, she stayed silent. I wasn’t sure if she was waiting for me to make the first move or if she wanted me to take some time to accept what she had said. So our conversation ended with just “I don’t love you,” which hurts every time I think about it.

Just as I was about to put away my phone and call a taxi, I received a message from the older sister I was thinking about. She said hello casually, and that was enough to make my heart race immediately.

Ann: What are you doing?

I admit I was eager to respond right away, but I didn’t want to seem like I was anxiously awaiting her message. So I waited a while before responding, pretending I was busy with work and had just seen it.

Run: Just finished casting. Heading back now.

Ann: How was it?

Run: Nothing is too difficult if you apply yourself to it. What about you? What are you doing?

Ann: Thinking about you. You’ve been quiet since that day... are you still mad?

She thought I was angry because of her direct words that were meant to help me move on.

Run: Like I said, I wasn’t mad, just more hurt and sad that you left me with no chance to remain hopeful.

Ann: I’m not mad, but I don’t know if I should reach out or not. It sounds like you’re mad.

Run: Why would I be mad at you? Then it means we’re not mad at each other.

Ann: That’s good.

She replied briefly before typing the next sentence.

Ann: So, do you want to come over? I just tried making basil fried shrimp and I’d like someone to try it.

I smiled, and the hurt feelings instantly disappeared. Was this her way of making amends? Luring me with food? I decided to tease her a little.

Run: Just to try the stew? You’d have to owe me more. It’s quite far from your house.