❄️Ann 1: Original Nature❄️

Can people really change?

I ask myself this every day after I started dating Run, a girl nearly six years younger than me. At first, I approached her just for fun, thinking I’d leave her eventually like I did with everyone else. But now, I find myself deeply entrenched in a relationship that could only be described as stable.

Is stability even real in love?

It’s a question I’ve always pondered, because I’ve never truly experienced it. Over time, I started to believe it didn’t exist, especially since Run was so young. For someone like me, it seemed impossible. I used to imagine that the person I’d settle down with would be older and, of course, financially stable because I’ve always been someone who craved comfort. But Run?

She was the opposite in every way, and I’m shocked at how much I’ve changed because of her.

It’s laughable—I've only just discovered jealousy because of this girl.

Being with someone younger made me act immature, too. Emotions I’d never felt before surfaced. I started doing ridiculous, irrational things I’d never done, like pretending not to be jealous while sabotaging a budding connection between her and another woman. I couldn’t stand the thought of her being happier with someone else, of hearing her moan someone else’s name instead of mine, or losing her forever.

Here I am—someone who used to get by living off men, using my body like a vessel and feeling entitled to do so—now making a living running a restaurant, while also managing Run's career and earning a percentage of her income. She doesn’t care or feel uncomfortable about money, no matter how much she earns, she lets me handle everything.

She loves me that much—more than I ever thought possible.

What she doesn’t know is that I feel the same.

Now, Run has fully entered the entertainment industry after starring in her first BL series. Her second and third projects are on the horizon, and I’ve heard rumors about her becoming a lead actress for the network. I’m happy for her, watching her career grow, and I hope to see her succeed in everything she does—now and always.

If always even exists.

I’ve never believed in forever, because nothing lasts. Every man or woman I’ve been with eventually fades away, even I’m usually the one who leaves first. But in the end, it’s always the same. I thought it would be the same with Run, but here we are, still together after more than a year. Even I’m surprised.

Aside from my first marriage, where I lived with my husband for three years before he died of a heart attack, Run is the longest and most serious relationship I’ve ever had.

There have been many times when I thought about walking away because I felt too old and unworthy. But every time, Run would come back and tell me she didn’t care about my past. All she wanted was for us to focus on the present—if we do well today, tomorrow will be better. It was a refreshing perspective, one I agreed with. If we do right today, tomorrow holds no fears. That’s how I feel even now.

"I'm done with work," she says.

"Tired?" I ask, reaching up to gently stroke her hair, the way I always have since the beginning. She has those beautiful doe-like eyes, filled with adoration every time she looks at me.

“Not tired at all, especially knowing my manager was there the whole time.”

"Such a sweet talker."

"Let’s go home and taste something sweeter."

She reaches out to clasp my hand, intertwining our fingers, making us one as we walk together. She doesn’t care about the looks we get from others. There are frequent rumors about her being into women, but her agency always denies them. I’ve told her to be more careful because she’s in the spotlight now, but she never seems to care.