Chapter 8.

I walk out of the steamy bathroom and lay out my outfit for the upcoming event later .

I decided to wear a black silly dress that floats to my feet (to cover my legs).it has a deep v neck cut and I pair it with nude pumps and a silver locket necklace my parents had given me and a silver anklet. I'm not that certain if it's appropriate for the performance but I have no other choice.

I apply my make-up , doing a light smokey eye effect in a musky black and cream shades and leave my hair down naturally . after I slip into the blue fabric of perfection and put my feet in my expensive nude pumps and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I walking and to my surprise I see lucus having a serious heated make out session with a brunette on the kitchen island. "ewewewwe" I squeal trying to find someplace to hid. I struggle to find my way out of the room with my eyes close , but when I finally find the small gap of a doorway I slam the door shut and do a u-turn and slide down the door listening to the conversation lucus and his acquaintance.

"Who is she?" An angered voice says.

"Babe, that's just riley, Amber don't worry it's not like she's hot or anything so I'm not interested" Lucas replies coldly. excuse me , I do not care if he's "not interested" earlier in the kitchen he said that I was hot so can he not make up his mind?!?!

By this time I had zoned out of Lucas and his girlfriends conversation. the door suddenly swung open and I went flying backwards as I had been leaning against it heavily. I fall back and land in the path of Amber!

She stepped over me and stormed out the door leaving it wide open. "WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT??" Lucas yelled at me as soon as Amber was out of sight .

"oh I'm so sorry that I was hungry and I wanted to go to the kitchen " I replied sarcastically.

"Whatever" he muttered in an annoyed tone as he walks off.

"One question, was that your girlfriend?" I called.

"Um..."

"Nope" Tyler says popping the p "that's his f*ck buddy", as he swiftly made his way in to the kitchen "oh and thanks for clearing the kitchen rilsy babe" he finishes with a wink "oh and you look smoking hot girl".

I shudder as Tyler finishes, he was defiantly flirting with me?!?! I started to make my way back up to my bedroom, but Lucas stepped in front of the marble staircase blocking my chance of freedom.

"Riley?"

"Yeah?"

"You look beautiful" he says casually as if he flirts with girls on a regular basis which he probably does. He attempts to tuck a stray piece of my loose hair behind my ear but I quickly move from his grasp.

"Oh no you don't Lucas!" I voice slightly angered.

"What?"

"I've seen your type before yano and personally I have never had a soft spot for people like you!" I say confidently.

"People like me?" Lucas retorts a slightly amused smirk plastered across his face.

"Yeah," I reply stepping closer to him about only 30 cm away from him "players" I spit out and with out further ado I Riley Harrison ,walk away from a seriously hot guy who was flirting with me!! But who cares, cos he has brothers and lots of them!:)))

*************

I was sitting in my room waiting to be called down for dinner. I was about to fall asleep when Vanessa called "kids dinner is ready " over the intercom.