Chapter 2.The plane ride

" So let me get this straight, " I said to Vanessa quietly as if It was almost difficult for me to say it " My family was in a car crash and my parents and my sister died and I was put in a coma...and now your my new legal guardian so I have to move from my home in New York City to California to live with you and your husband".

Vanessa jut nods a little before speaking as the airplane intercom came on with a Ping saying we were about to land in California ,after it had finished Vanessa began to speak again " So I didn't tell you I had children ?" She said. "No , you didn't ... but I love children how many do you have ?" I asked curiously. "Well you see I have only 15"she replied gradually getting quieter as she continued her sentence."and their all boys" she said. My mouth fell wide opened as I stared at Vanessa in shock hoping she would say that she was joking but she stayed completely quiet. OH SHIT , I thought, I'm going to die I have only ever had one sibling and she was a girl and she was six!!! Now I have to live with 15 "brothers"! Okay I thought stay calm for Vanessa because she has been nothing but nice to me . " So tell me about your sons" I said through gritted teeth.

"Okay well first is Christian who's 20 and is in college,engaged and studying architecture and technical graphics in the local college,

The second oldest and first set of twins are 19, Mason is a dancer at the juliarde school of arts and lives abroad in England , he also has a serious relationship with his girlfriend of four years , while his twin Ryan is studying to be a high school teacher in college.

Then there is Lucas who is 18 and the football quarterback star and would be a huge player with the lady's if he didn't have a girlfriend also he has been offered a football scholarship in New York City and he will probably take it.

Conner is 17 and the president of the drama club at school and helps direct local plays at the theatre next to the school that you will be attending.

Next , is Nate he is 16 and he plays baseball and is a cricket star and takes after Lucas when it comes to the lady's if you know what I mean.

After that there is Tyler and Alec who are 15 and are the second set of twins but there actually my sisters sons but she and her husband died about a month ago, Tyler acts as if he is a bad boy but really he is friendly and funny and has one of the best sets if grades throughout all my boys.Alec his twin brother is musically talented,he plays the harp and the violin and is in the schools orchestra.

Daniel and Blake come next and they are 14,Daniel is artistic and creative in everyway,his favourite hobbys are painting or drawing from real things or trying to learn and speak new languages fluently so far his paintings have made it to the local art gallery and he can speak English,Spanish,French, German fluently and he is working on his Chinese. Blake on the other hand is the complete opposite and can't concentrate on something for more than and few minutes at a time but he is really interested in cross country running and is an champion medalist.

After that there is 13 year old Kyle who is an all-star player at basketball and is involved in helping young children with disabilities play sports at a local centre.

Shane is one to look out for even though your 17 and he is 11 he still flirts shamelessly with any girl under the age of 20 and over the age of 10 and you will be his next victim but he is amazing at soccer and has excellent grades as well.

Max is an extremely talented 8 year old when it comes to tennis and could probably beat any opponent but is friendly and I think you two will get along perfectly fine.

And Jack is a sweetheart who is always cracking jokes
and making people smile and believe me he is a very outgoing 7 year old who gets along with everyone.

My little Sammy is caring and friendly and shy and some times if he knows you he is a crazy little kid bouncing with joy and he is just so cute and charming that nobody can resist him, his 5th birthday is in a month from now.

And that's all my boys"Vanessa said quiet calmly which shocked me enormously,"well"she continued after taking a breath "tell me a bit about yourself Riley"

"Well as you know my name is Riley and I'm 17 I play football, and soccer. Also I'm an Allstate cheerleader ,  and I play the piano and cello . I also enjoy to run in my free time and I try as hard as possible in school but hobbies are what I prefer obviously"I finished and looked at Vanessa who I thought was about to start crying,and asked "are you okay?."

"Yes, I'm more than fine thank you it's...it's just that I have always wanted a daughter" she said before hugging me and beginning to cry and right then I knew she meant it an that I was going to like my life in California, a lot.