The Beginning of a New Beginning

Keshana

It was about 2 am I was awakened by a feeling like I had the worse hangover ever feeling nauseous, with fever, head ace tummy pain and dizziness it was the worse feeling I have ever had and worse of all I haven't had an ounce of alcohol in months, I yell for my mom because my vision was blur and I couldn't see properly and I was wanting to know what is wrong with me, 1min later my mom came rushing into my room to see what the problem was, she took care of me and after a few hours it went away but and I feel asleep when I woke up my mom came into my room and told me to get dress, I asked her for what because I'm not in the best mood deal with anyone much less go anywhere, eventually I got up and got dressed when I was finished i went downstairs and saw my mom all dressed and ready but she still didn't answer my question all she said was get into the car so I did as tell 45mins later we pulled up to the hospital that my mom works so I asked once again 'mom what are we doing here?' she sigh and said baby, i think that you are are pregnant and we are here to make sure.

I just sat there and thinking is this happening for real it can't be Wayne always use protection then it hit me that a few months ago on our one year anniversary we were so caught in the moment of how amazing that night was candlelight dinner on a boat in the middle of the ocean with red petals and my favorite flower and my favorite wine and everything a woman would ever wish for, I had that not forgetting I was given a full treat the morning with breakfast in bed and a full treat at the salon and spa full compliments of the one and only Wayne Lee my future husband and father of my child, then I heard someone called my name then I realized that it is my mom snapping me out of my taught.

When we got into the hospital I had to fill up a form because it is my first time at that hospital so I started filling the form Keshana Peters 20 yrs old, born at the Mackenzie Hospital, Linden, Guyana, South America on the 28th of June 1995 to Kendra St. John and Brian Peters, address, contact information etc.

during the waiting process to see the doctor I called my best friend Sasha and give her the info about what's happening then I called my boyfriend because he was calling and texting me all morning but I was too caught up in what's going to answer any calls and reply to any texts so our conversation was

Me: Hey babe.

Wayne: Hey hun I was calling and texting you all morning, what's going on?

Me: I know, I'm at the Hospital.

Wayne: what are you doing there? Are you OK? why didn't you call me?

Me: I'm sorry YES. NO. I'm fine my mom brought me to do a few tests.

Wayne: YES. NO? What kind of test? Tests for what baby? What hospital are you at?

Me: babe I'm fine..............................................It's just a pregnancy test.

Wayne: You're pregnant Keshana?

Me: I think so.........

Wayne: How long have you know this?

Me: I don't know for sure that's why I'm here

Wayne: well that's great don't you think so?

Me: maybe

Wayne: what do you mean maybe aren't you happy about being pregnant?

Me: yea it is great and all but I'm not sure I'm ready for that excitement right now babe

Wayne: go see what the results are and we'll talk about it later ok.

Me: ok bye.

Keshana Peters the nurse shout from her desk my mom and I got up the nurse directed us to the room where the doctor would see us we talked a bit before we took the test then the doctor left and there was a weird silence in the room but my mom soon enough broke it.

"Are you scared?" she asked me

I looked at her, "Of course, i was scared this is the beginning of a new beginning and I have no idea how I will handle all of this in my life with work and school, Wayne is happy about it but mom I don't know"

"Hunny you will come to grip with it eventually I'm not mad at you, but you could have been more careful and I know you, you are my daughter and I understand that these things happen but I want you to know that I am here for you through all of it OK" I was little relived that my mom wasn't mad at me, her opinion and support means so much to me.

"I know mom and thank you for understanding that's why I love you, mom." we talked for a few more minutes before the doctor came back.

"Well Ms. Peters I must say congratulations you are 6 weeks pregnant, but I arranged an appoint for the same time next week I want to run some test to ensure everything is OK with you before the pregnancy gets too far OK."

"OK thank you, doctor McIntosh, next week." I don't know what to do with my life now that it's not just me i have to worry about.