Chapter Sixteen: Piper

After our first official dinner together, Alex and I went to a bridal store a few blocks down from the restaurant we were at. We tried on what seemed like hundreds of dresses.
Eventually, we found beautiful white matching lace dresses with a blue sash and designs. It glimmered in the light when we walked, and both Alex and I thought that it was perfect.
We paid for the dresses and said that we would pick them up the day of the wedding, which was in five days. The cashier offered us some balloons and streamers, and we agreed. All of our accessories were blue, to make Morello happy.
"I couldn't be any happier," Alex said as we rode home in a taxi. I nodded and put my arm around her, resting my head on her shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered, kissing her gently. The taxi driver looked back, and gave us a dirty look in the mirror.
"Get a room," he muttered, rolling his eyes. We laughed and got out, thanking him.
Alex and I joyfully walked into her house-our house-and put all our supplies in the living room to deal with tomorrow. Our house. I liked the thought of that. Especially the part where I'd spend the rest of my life with her. We fell asleep all cuddled up watching a movie.
...
The next few days were chaos. Alex and I rushed around making reservations for food and music, barely having any time to sit down and relax. It was really stressful, but in the end it would be so worth it; I would get to see my beautiful wife walk down the aisle. Well, more like walk down a stretch on the track outside the prison, but it was the thought that counted.

At last, the day arrived. July 1st. I knew it was going to be the best day I ever experienced, because I got to marry the love of my life. I was loading food into the trunk when Alex came up behind me and grabbed me, wrapping her arms around my chest.
"Oh!" I called out, twisting my neck to look at her. She smirked at me, and raised her eyebrows. I had instantly forgotten that I had a platter of food in my hands, and I dropped it. When pasta salad spilled all over our driveway, I realized.
"Shit, Alex! The pasta salad!"
Alex just looked down at it and laughed, turning me around to kiss me.
"It'll be fine," she said between kisses. "Nobody needs pasta salad..." There was never a time where I didn't want to makeout with Alex, but I knew that if we continued, we'd be late. Late to our own wedding.
"We can do this after our wedding," I said, pulling her off me. "Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time for it later."
Alex sighed and laughed, and brought out the rest of our stuff to the car. I got into the passenger side and flopped down. There were butterflies in my stomach already, and we weren't even there yet.
Alex got in the car and drove us back to the bridal store. We carefully put our dresses in the back seat, and headed off to Litchfield, reality finally hitting.