Chapter 2

Hikari's P.O.V)

"MIUNA!" i yelled at the top of my lungs.

Where is that stubborn girl!

"MIUNAAA!" i yelled once again.

I stood in the middle of the forest, panting. I looked up at the sky, the sun was slowly setting. My ena began to dry up, so I jumped into the sea. The smell of the salty water filled my nose, and the sound of waves relaxed my ears.

I had to find Miuna before it get's dark.

I swam a little, hoping to stumble upon her, but there wasn't a single sign of her here.

After some further swimming and panicking, i heard a girl yell something.

"Manaka, Matè!" she yelled. I recognised the voice and it sounded like Miuna.

Manaka...

A pain flenched through my chest.

I ignored the feeling and swam towards Miuna's voice.

"MIUNA!" i yelled as i saw her swimming after something. She was too far away, she probably didn't hear me.

Damn, that girl is stupid! I always have to go after her, or she'll get in trouble.

Like that time when she refused to go home after the little fight with Akari and her dad. And we had to babysit her outside. I stopped swimming and smiled.

And that time when she just jumped into the sea without giving it any thought that she couldn't swim back then.
I had to go after that stubborn girl to go get her back to the surface.

"If i didn't love them i wouldn't be so sad!" That's what she said before I gave her a warm embrace.

My heart race. I couldn't breathe. Manaka...

"If i didn't love them, i wouldn't be so sad!" the confused sound of her voice repeated itself inside of my head.

Manaka...

I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek.

I felt myself sinking to the bottom of the sea. I fell onto my knees in the soft sand, and i intertwined my fingers with it.

"MANAKA!!" i yelled while shaking my head, my throat hurt and i felt sick.

In the cornor of my eye i saw a Sea slug approach.

I grabbed it softly and placed it in the palm of my hand.

I closed my eyes and turned it on it's back.

"Please be red, please be red..." i begged.

I opened my eyes, and it's belly showed a faint color of red.

I smiled and let out a sigh.

"Hey, Sea slug... There is something i need to tell you."

Miuna's P.O.V)

I listened to Uroku-sama, telling the story about the sea god's love story.

"The Sea God fell in love with the sacrifice given to him by the humans that lived on the land. Unfortunately, Ojoshi-sama still loved a man that was still living on the surface not knowing that the man had drowned in the sea looking for her. To prevent her from being sad, the Sea God removed Ojoshi-sama's emotions of love so she won't suffer the death of her loved one. Ironically, the Sea God also removed the love directed towards him by Ojoshi-sama. But when he let go of her because she was so sad, she returned to her village,"