Chapter 17

"Welcome to New York!" And a warm embrace enveloped me.

It was my sunshine, my only one. I don't know what happened in the past few weeks; it's like I woke up one morning and found myself flying to New York, looking for an apartment. Of course, it became the new talk in town.

When Karlie found out about this plan, she insisted that I don't need to look for an apartment. I can just live in her house. And I kindly rejected the offer. Sure, it's my ego and she can't win against that.

My family is so supportive about this idea, specially my mom. She is the one who helped me look for the best place I could settle at. And while mom and I are in New York, dad and Austin packed some of my things in my LA mansion.

On the other hand, my team isn't happy about this decision at all. Scott advised me to move in New York once we find a new publicist but I can't wait any longer. I'm missing Karlie every single day that I'm not with here.

And now, I couldn't be happier. My sunshine is right front of me "I miss you" I kissed her cheeks before stepping aside to let her in.

"Oh—oh my gosh. Is this real? Is this THE Taylor Swift's apartment?" She laughed

"Oh shut up!" I laugh with her "I haven't unpacked my things yet" I apologized as I look at the boxes scattered across the living room.

I guess everybody knows how organized I am and seeing my apartment like this is very unlikely me. "Don't worry. I'll help you unpack but for now... What do you say I take you out my love for a lunch?"

I can feel my cheeks burning with her chosen endearment. I quickly turn around to hide my face and walk to my room "Give me five" I told her

I look for some dress and shoes to wear in my closet and when I came back to my bed, I saw Karlie laying still on my bed. "Maybe we can cancel our lunch date and have a date in your bed instead" Karlie said seductively, biting her lower lips.

I scanned her body and I can't deny how thirsty I am for every inch of her. The desire I have is overwhelming and it's getting into my system. I need to get this ashes hauled. I need her; I need Karlie.

But I can't; this is wrong. We can't do it again, not now. I need to make sure that everything is all established before we do it, again. I need to get rid of these dirty thoughts.

I rolled my eyes and head straight to my door, leaving Karlie behind. I heard her disappointed growl and then her footsteps. "Hurry up! I'm hungry" I told her

We took two of my bodyguards and head to this café that Karlie chose. She told me that this is a good place to eat and being the one who's been in New York for years, I trust her.

And as always, paparazzi spotted us, taking in pictures. But Karlie's respond to this surprised me. She acts like nothing is happening, like no one is watching us. No lenses pointing on us. She is so casual

"Damn paparazzi" I cursed under my voice

Karlie stared at me, taking in my hands and started to draw a small circle against my skin "Hey, it's fine" She genuinely smiled.

I just adore this woman beside me. The way she calm my nerves down. I'm usually the one who do that with my friends. I know I should be the one who's used to this kind of treatment but this time, it's the other way around.

I flashed my sweetest smile at her causing her to grin. "I love that smile. Just let them take their pictures." She said.

Once we're done eating, we went back to the car having a full smile. Once we're back in our own world, Karlie snatched in my hands and kissed it softly "Come over to my house" she mumbled against my skin.

I bet I know what will happen and I should fight this urge. But the way Karlie stare deep down into my eyes, the way she communicate not only with my body, but also with my soul, I responded a small nod.

Hey eyes shimmered and her pupils dilated. I don't know what does that mean, but the way she smiles, it's an authentic happiness. She gave directions to my driver and we head straight to her apartment.

"She's staying the night" She gave orders to my bodyguards after we unload ourselves off the car.

I didn't say anything at all, instead, I invaded her privacy. Her living room surprised me. Clothes thrown all over the, open luggage, shoes and stilettos scattered around. "What the fuck Karlie! You're teasing me about my unpacked box but you—look at this!" I started to pick up all the dress and neatly fold it.

"Babe, babe, hold up. Stop that!" She hugged me tight, stopping me from what I am doing. "Okay, first of all, I haven't clean this up yet 'cause I'm going to pick on the clothes I need to dispose. Second thing, it is normal to have a chaos sometime, you know... It's called entropy. Second law of thermodynamics"

"Nerd!" was all I can say

"Dork!" She fought back

"Weirdo!"

"But you love me" She smirked, I shook my head "Oh yes you do, want me to prove it?"

Her arms are tightly wrapped around my ways. It was tight yet gentle. Inch by inch, she's moving closer and it feels like everything is on slow motion. I can't hold myself anymore, I think I'm gonna give in. I closed my eyes and let her take my heart as she take my breath away.

And our perfect moment was interrupted by knocks on the door. I swear, if this is my bodyguard, I'm gonna fire them right here, right now. I groaned as soon as Karlie let go of me.

"Needy much?" She stuck her tongue out "I'll get back to you, my love" She then opened the door and the visitor surprised us.

"Josh!" Karlie said in high a pitch.

She threw a glance at me and I avoided her glance. "I didn't know you have a visitor" His boyfriend smiled.

"Oh uhm—yeah. Uh—Josh, this is Taylor. Tay, this is Joshua. My uhm—my boyfriend"

AN: AAAAAND I'M BACK! lol I know it's been a while, I've been busy with work and everything so my apologies. And hopefully i can update Fading tomorrow. And since I got my laptop back, i'll try to update once a week. :) Comments, suggestions are highly appreciated. Also, sorry for the errors. I didn't back read it so yeah. Hope you enjoy this two chapters! :)