Chapter 1

Back in 2012

Taylor's POV

I was putting on my lipstick when she stared at my reflection and smiled. I shyly smiled back to her and when I’m about to go out of the washroom, I wasn’t able grip on the door properly because of my things. She then walked closer to me.

“Here, let me assist you with that”

She then opened the door for me. I whispered “Thank you to her” which I don’t know if she was able to hear and the next thing happened is that the general manager introduced me to the models, to her.

“… And this is Karlie”

Karlie, what lovely name. She smiled at me, a remarkable smile with full of joy on it. I swear if I see this smile at the end of the day, no matter how miserable my day was, it’ll make it all better.

I stared at her face and memorize every details on it. When I’m about to hold her hands, I can’t feel anything.

I struggled with what just happened. Why can’t I feel her, why can’t I feel her hands next to mine? The next thing I knew is that I’m in bed, staring at the walls built around me.

It’s happening again. But why now? I saw her when I was 18 and I officially met her last year.

I admit, I like her but I know it can’t be. The first and last time that I felt this kind of attraction towards a girl was with Emily and I promised myself to never feel this way again. Never.

But there’s something inside of me that keeps on insisting that I should know her more, know her deeper and better. But after that event, I didn’t get the chance to make that happened.

If only I could’ve prolong the conversation we had a year ago, I might be spending my every day with her. I know I’m pretty good at conversing but she made me stutter that the only words that escaped my lips was “Nice to meet you”

---

My phone that kept on ringing woke me up. I didn’t *notice* that I fell asleep while wandering about her. I reached out for my phone and found 33 miscalls from my publicist.

You’re so dead Tay.

I called her back and promised to be in her office in 30 minutes. I rushed into the bathroom but before I even start taking a bath, her image again flash in my head.

Am I being hypnotized or something? Maybe I was. Maybe those lovely smiles got me hypnotized, so mesmerize. But it’s been a year and I thought, I almost lost my weird feelings for her. Almost.

After the talk I have with my publicist, I went straight home. I can’t literally think straight. I don’t know what to do because I don’t even know what the hell is happening. I DO like her but I can’t like her. I need to do something.

This kind of thoughts of mine, creeps me out. I need to be somewhere, I need to talk to someone. And then I snap “Right! Ed!”

Maybe Ed knows the answer for my problem so I took my phone and called him. After a several minutes he came along with his messy ginger hair

“What happened Mate?” Ed asked after I hugged him

“I just miss you! And you owe me something, remember?” I answered quickly

He shook his head and chuckled “I know you Taylor, you won’t rush me here without any good reasons. Something’s bothering you”