9

FRIDAY
It has been 8 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds since violet last spoke to Luke, Violet had stumbled out of Luke's apartment as he was curled up in a chair with his hair in front of his face and his mouth open.

"Look who we have here." Her roommate slowly stood up from her chair as she stood up examining her hungover best friend. "I don't know if you know, but it's past 12, Cinderella."

"Shut up" Violet walked to the kitchen her curls falling in front of her ebony skin, her hand stretched to the cabinet, grabbing as much junk food she can find and stuffing it into her mouth "I don't have a watch that's why" she said, her mouth stuffed.

"Or did you and Luke have a bit too much to drink?" Anastasia, her best friends, walked into the tiny kitchen her black hair up in a bun.
"Okay guess what?"

"What?"

"My cousins are coming from the Philippines and they want to see what I'm doing with my life."

"Ha, you're dead m-" Violet's phone flashed a familiar name 'luke'. "I'll be right back."
She ran to the bathroom and locked the door.

"Hey Luke" Luke had noticed the way her voice was much more raspy as usual and how she would always give him a new nickname every-time he called.

"What's wrong?" Luke seemed to sound cheery and not at all tired, Violet was surprised but she didn't know that she was the reason why he was cheery and not at all tired, it was her effect on him.

"What the..Luke aren't you hungover?"

"Luke is now unavailable." Michael spoke into the phone before he hung up.

Luke was currently sat in his kitchen as Michael was preparing, what he called, a 'smoothie packed with vitamins and essential protein' which was pretty much egg yolk, left over sausage, pickles and orange juice packed into a blender.

"Fuck no I'm not drinking that"

"Luke you have to, you don't want to see your girlfriend whilst hungover."

"I don't have a girlfriend." Luke said, pushing the glass towards Michael.

"Well not yet." Michael held up a note that was stuck on the fridge.

"Today at 8, my date with Violet." Luke read "I wrote that when I was drunk."

"Well you can't cancel plans like that dude."

"true"
.................
30 minutes later Luke found himself at violets doorstop, deciding on wether to knock three times or two.
Eventually he knocked twice.

"Hey...luke." Violet leaned against the wall her hair in jammed in her curls as she tried to look somewhat presentable.

"We have a date at 8." Luke handed her the note that he wrote from the crazy night before.

"we do?"

Luke nodded "yes"

"Oh well I can't." Before Luke could respond, Violet slammed the door.

As he was walking towards the stairs she opened the door again and shouted "pick me up at 8 and I'll wear something fancy, I expect it to be a good date."

Luke carried on walking with his lips lodged between his teeth as he tried to suppress his growing smile.