12

SATURDAY
Luke loved how violet looked in her dashiki and how beautiful she is ,Luke also loved how free she looked opposed to when she would walk through the street , Luke noticed how she didn't twitch or hide behind him anymore, Luke noticed how she jumped around and danced, he also found his-self looking at her ass once in awhile.
He found her culture interesting and he felt himself wanting to learn her language.

But Luke was not in love with Violet, not at all.

Violet's brown skin was glowing, he noticed, her hair wasn't tucked behind her ears.

The sky was dark and the stars were lit, Violet and Luke had lost count of the time, mostly because they ran around introducing themselves to everyone.
"Hello I'm Violet, my pronouns are she/her."

the song had changed and the people seemed to multiply. Luke noticed violets demeanour change as four police officers stormed in armed with guns, their skin tones matching Luke.

"Are you okay?!." He asked Violet softly turning her around to face him. "Come on let's get out of here."

"No."

"Come on Violet." He sighed, "it's going to be okay."

"No! Okay! It's not , I came here to celebrate my culture, but all the police see are a group of black thugs standing around in a park, do you even understand what it feels like to growing up and wondering why people looked at you funny or why I was not allowed into my white friends houses for a sleepover because they were afraid that I was going to steal something."

"I'm trying to.."

"tell me Luke, have you ever walked into a store and have people follow you in case you 'steal' something?, have you ever had people tell you that your features look better on another race?, have you ever had that Luke?!."

...........
Violet and Luke walked home in silence, violets eyes puffy.
The police had 'escorted' everyone from the festival because someone had called claiming that they felt uncomfortable.

"How could they just kick us out like that?!"

"Because you heard them..my race makes people uncomfortable." She said, her voice breaking.

"You don't make me feel uncomfortable." He mumbled