11

SATURDAY
"LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS!" Violet shouted as she walked into Luke's room only to find his head buried in the pillow and drool seeping from his pink lips, landing on the stubble that he tried extra hard to grow. "WAKE UP."

"No Michael shut up." He mumbled into the pillow, kicking his legs up to try and defend himself.

"Wake up I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

"An African festival." She smiled and wagged her eyebrows "if we are going to be friends it'll be nice if you were educated in my culture."

"If you give me a kiss first." Luke smirked.

"Luke did you not just hear what I said, because I put real emphasis on the word 'friends'."

"What should I wear?"

"It doesn't matter." She got off the bed and walked towards the door "I'll pick you up at 3 in my dashiki." She whipped around "does that rhyme, I was hoping it did."

Luke sprung up from his bed and threw a pillow towards Violet "get out I'm changing."

.............

Violet picked Luke up at 4:05 , exactly 5 minutes after 4, which in violets books, was fashionably late.
She had put her hair in a front bun turban and had worn an oversized dashiki.

"You look amazing." Luke said as they walked to the venue, Violet holding his hands from behind.

"I know." She smiled as they carried on walking.

They walked in silence for 5 minutes

"That girls is super pretty." He mumbled ,breaking the silence cas he stared at the Asian girl that sat on the bench across from him, her denim jacket cluttered with feminist , 'black lives matter', 'Muslim lives matter', and 'trans lives matter' badges, she had a pixie cut and red lips.

"You shouldn't assume gender Luke."

"What do you mean?"

"They/them may be gender fluid, as in they /them may one day want to be a girl but another day she may want to be a boy."

"Oh." Luke said, he loved how socially aware Violet was.

"But either way I would definitely date."  Violet thought aloud.

"Let's go introduce ourselves." Luke dragged Violet to the bench.

"May, lesbian intersectional feminist." May's Bambi like eyes slightly widened as Luke and Violet sat beside her.

"Hey I'm Violet bisexual intersectional feminist." Violet held her hand out "I love your jacket and by jacket I mean what's on your jacket."

May smiled at the beautiful girl beside, she reminded her of Spanish hot chocolate, it made her feel warm inside and reminded her of autumn.

"Hey I'm Luke and I'm currently learning about feminism." His cheeks reddened.

May thought Luke was beautiful and loved how similar their hair was, he reminded her of ice cream, he looked like he made people smile even in the saddest of times.

Violet and Luke missed a whole hour of the festival due to rants  about problems that were occurring in society today.
.........

"I got her number." Violet grinned hard as they carried on walking towards the venue.
Luke being slightly jealous.