Chapter Thirteen

Sara was down in a basement tossing knives at a bullseye when Nyssa walked into the room.
"Can we talk?" Nyssa asked.
"You can talk. Doesn't mean I'll listen." Sara reply. Then she throws the knife and it hits the target dead center.
"How about a little friendly challenge first."
"I'm listening."
"We see who can hit or come close to hitting the bullseye on the target."
"And how
do we decide that, we're both exllcent markswomen." Sara points out.
"Yes, but there's a lot at stake." Nyssa also points out.
"So how do we do this?"
"We both get one knife and one throw."
"And what are the stakes?" Sara asked.
"If I win, I stay and we talk. But if you win, I'll leave." Nyssa explained.
"Then lets do this."
Sara removes the knives that had Been throw into the target earlier and bought them over to the table and sat them down.
"Go ahead and make your pick."
Nyssa picked up each knife and checked their weight by balancing the knife in her hand. After she made her choice, she moved aside and Sara picked the knife she liked.
"Follow me." Sara said and Nyssa did as she was commanded to do until they came to a stop at an island table. From where they were standing the bullseye was thirty yards away. Both women could hit the target from this distance in their sleep, but only of them could come close to hitting the bullseye.
Sara went first. She steady her breathing and took aim before letting the kinfe go and hitting the target dead center.
"I would give up if I were you." Sara warned.
"Yeah, maybe I should." Nyssa shot back, taunting Sara. She then throws the knife hitting Sara's weapon and spitting it into before the knife stood in the spot where Sara's blade once was.
"So do we talk now or later?"