Chapter 19

My cheeks feel wet and I realize that I was dreaming again. I dreamed about Bane going on operation and unable to return. I wake up and look around, sitting up on the hospital seats. I was the only one at the hallway, I was alone.

   I realize it wasn't a dream. The part when Bane went through the operation, it was real. But I'm quite not sure about him not surviving the operation. But I know it wasn't real. It's just a stupid dream, trying to get on my nerves. I should calm down, and start to think positive.

   I've been waiting for a couple of hours, and I've wasted them by sleeping through the pain. The worry, the nervousness. And now I have to wake up, knowing that they've been in there for 9 hours. I look down on my wristwatch. It informs me about the time, '6:27 am' it says. I sigh, stretching out my legs and my arms between them.

"Ms. Dawn?" one of the nurses from the other side speaks my name, he looks down at me. I glance up at him with worried eyes. "Yeah?" I ask with a soft voice. He smiles a bit, "Mr. Que is looking for you in his office."

"What's wrong?" I ask him, and he doesn't say. He leads me to the office, and I see Richard taking gloves off from his hands. I get in and the nurse closes the door behind me.

I take a deep breath, and Richard turns to face me. He stands behind his desk and he takes a file of papers, he smiles at me. "He's going to be alright."

   Richard's words went through my ears and straight to my heart. I gasp in between excitement and relief, falling on the seat beside me. He runs to me and tries to comfort me, patting my shoulder gently. He smiles at me and I could feel my eyes tearing up again. "Y-You..." I stutter, "You did it." I finish my sentence, grinning at him. I chuckle and cover my face, my eyes closed.

I take my hands away and look up at him, "Thank you." I say, "Thank you so much." I add, grabbing him and hugging him tight. He keeps the smile on his face and chuckles in joy with me. He pulls away and holds my hand, "You want to see him?" he asks.

"Yes, I do." I say, standing up from the seat.

He let go of my hand and opens the door for me, letting me out. He leads me to another room, a few stairs up and before he opens the door, I stop him. "Richard?"

He looks at me, "Yes, Amy?" he holds onto the knob.

"Thank you." I say again, and he nods once. "You ready?" he asks me.

I nod, "Yeah."

He takes his hand away from the knob and takes mine, putting it on the knob. He steps back, "I'll leave you to it. I'll see you later."

I nod again, "Okay." I whisper, smiling. He leaves and I'm left in front of the door, my hand on the knob. I sigh, and slowly turn it, pushing the door open.

There I see Bane, laying on the hospital bed, a cloth covering his face. A tube was connected to him, helping him to breathe.