Chapter 21

Everyone snapped their necks while their eyes stare at me as I rush to the hallway. I run down every room, trying to reach the stairs or the lift to ascend me up to Bane's room. I step on the 7th floor after the lift bell dings, while the nurse tries to catch up behind me. I could hear him pant, trying to walk faster than I am. 

"Miss Dawn, I believe you cannot see him yet." he says, catching his every breath. I quickly stop walking and turn to face this man who appears to be sweating on his blue scrubs. 

"What are you talking about?" I glare at him, "You told me he's awake, now I can see him right?" I say and he shakes his head in disagreement. 

"I'm afraid Doctor Que ordered me to tell you that, to head to his office first." he inquires, as I start walking again, heading to Bane's room. 

My heart starts to beat faster, and I felt like I was going to release an amount of sweat. But as soon as I open the door, coldness took over my whole body causing me to freeze. 

The room was a mess, and the bed was empty.

   The door slams on the wall when I push it open, and pounding my hands on Richard's desk. He was sitting on his chair, looking up at me with tired eyes.

"Where is he? Why isn't he in that room where I last found him?" I exclaim.

Richard sighs, "Bane woke up from his long coma," he starts, "But we had to put him down and into a sleep."

"What?!" my tone went higher, "He finally wakes up and you put him back to unconsciousness? Are you fucking crazy?!"

He stands up from his seat and rubs his mouth with his dry palm, he then looks back at me. I stare at him with eyes, unwilling to pour out tears, "What happened?"

"He did not know where he is, Amy. Of course, he was shocked with all these, he had a breakdown."

"How did all that happen? I was just gone for an hour." I say, then I kept quiet, making him talk more and explain what else happened. He stared back at me and took a deep breath. "You know what he's capable of. Its what he does, because of what he is. Of course, something like this could've happened."

"You know he's better than what you think he is." My eyes look down on my feet, as I tell him with a fair tone. "He's not a mindless maniac who only knows how to destroy and start chaos." I add, looking back up at him.

Richard picks his phone up, "You need to get some rest, Amy. I'll call you when you can see him, by the time he's completely not dangerous-"

"For godsake he is not an animal! Don't treat him like a monster, Richard!"

"You didn't see how violent he was in there!"

I glare at him, "I know better!" I shout back making him silent and startling the nurse behind me, I sigh. "I know him better than you do. He's just confused, just like a normal person incapable of living in a world where he gets treated like shit just because he's different."

"We all know what he's done."

I shook my head, "But there's more of him than just chaos."

"Where is he?"

He pauses as I glare at him, "He's in a safer room a few flights upstairs."

"Where."

"12th floor, room 506."

Richard doesn't look away from my glare, and he tries to find his words. But I quickly turn around and open the door, then I paused, "You can't keep me away from him." I say and leave them both in the room.

Richard drops himself on the seat, his hands covering his face. "What was I thinking?" he groans, and suddenly pushes his things off the desk.

   I leave them both hanging, as I head to the twelfth floor. The moment the lift bell rings, I make my way out and to the hallway. Scanning the room numbers, tracing my fingers on the wall. Then I finally see the room, it was sitting at the middle and at the end of the hall.

   My hand reaches for the knob, turning it and slowly pushing it out of my way. I see Bane on the bed, his hands tied to the railings and so are his feet. A few nurses in their scrubs turn their heads at me, confused about who I was. 

But I ignore their looks as I run beside Bane, grabbing his hand. "What is this?" I ask them, while I notice Richard on the doorway looking straight at us.

"Take them off." I say, and they all glance at Richard. He nods his head once and they all take the straps off of Bane. I take a chair and place it near his bedside, burying my head on the side of the mattress, holding his hand.

"When is he waking up?" I ask Richard, not looking at him.

He sighs, "A couple of hours or so."

"You shouldn't have done that..." I mumble, pulling my head up and looking at Bane. His face was covered with a new cloth, and I was able to see his eyes now. A tube was connected near his throat, but I couldn't still see the work they've done. "Please, leave." I say, and for a second I thought he wasn't going to insist. But he did.

I put my head down and tried to get a quick nap, and wait until he comes conscious.