Chapter Fourteen:Destruction

I sat back down trying to think how the People I knew as my parents could either keep this from me or that they hadn't told me I was adopted. Both were equally bad, but one was true. I pushed that all back and took a deep breath. Then asked them to tell me what had happened while I was gone. Thorn told Naoki to start.

"Well you jumped out of the booth grabbing your head, then you fell. Thorn thought that you had passed out but when he checked your pulse he saw that you had none. That's when he started freaking out. Somebody had called the ambulance, or so we thought. Thorn wanted to ride with you but they left without him."

"We went back to our house and a few hours later we get a call saying that you had died from a seizure" He stopped there telling Thorn to continue.

"A few days after that Nick came by freaking out, saying weird stuff, he was covered in scratches but once we had him calmed down he told us that you had been shot, that you had died. He told us that they had tortured him and you alike that they tested stuff on you. Then after that he decided to stay with us a while, he still stays with us but he's been gone for a couple days. But the thing is Ally that he's been staying with us for over a month. You've been gone for a month Ally." I looked at him.

"No, no that can't be right, I was only there for days at most. Mabey five or six." He shook his head.

"No Ally, you've been gone for a month." I looked at Naoki, he nodded in confirmation. My grip on the chair tightened.

"What about my parents?" I said in a surprisingly calm voice.

"They hosted your funeral last week." I began to shake, I don't know from fear or from sadness, but I only had one thought, I had to set my parents straight. I began to get up and head to the door. Thorn grabbed my arm, I shook him off and continued to the door.

"Ally, stop." Thorn pleaded

"No, they may not be my actual parents but they're the ones who raised me. They don't deserve to grieve for someone who is alive" I began to turn the handle when Thorn said "Ally they may not deserve it but they don't deserve the danger you would put them in by going over there and telling them your alive either."

I looked back at him, his eyes pleading. I muttered a fine. And returned to the living room, eyes burning, tears making their way down my face. I felt as if the world had dropped out from under me, like I was drowning it its empty darkness, unable to catch a breath of the air above. But I would survive, I had to.