Chapter Twenty-Five: Questions

Thorn, Naoki, Nick and I were all packed in the car and we were driving down the highway heading to Vermont. I drove and was speeding a bit. I really did not want to fall asleep while driving, I took tentative sips of my coffee and kept driving. Everyone was asleep a few hours after driving. In a few more hours we entered New Hampshire and a few more hours after that we entered Vermont. It was daylight now, so we let Thorn sit out of the confrontation. After a few calls and a lot of digging Nick found where this girl lived and he took over driving. We turned into a suburbs, and down a street and found the house.

We parked a little ways down the street and hopped out to go knock on the door. We saw her before we knocked, her windows were open and Fall Out Boy was playing, she was typing furiously away at her computer. She looked about fourteen. There weren't any cars in the driveway, so that most likely meant she was alone. That was a good thing, telling her that she was writing our lives down in a book? Not going to go down well.

I rang the bell Nick and Naoki at my sides. We heard someone coming down the stairs and open the door. She looked like she did on TV except now she wore a Baggy t-shirt and work out shorts. Her hair still had the Purple streaks in it but it was now pulled into a sloppy bun. Her wrists held a various assortment of bands and her black finger nails were pealing.

"Uh, can I help you?" she questioned

"Um, yeah actually you can. I'm Ally, this is Nick and Naoki. We're-"she cut me short.

"Is this some sort of joke? If so I can introduce my door to your face." Man she sure wasn't the shy type that she was on the News.

"No it's not a joke, blondie" Nick interjected. She gave him a dirty look.

"Look I know what I said on the news but it's just a story. I would like to finish it if you don't mind, so back off." She was about to close the door when Nick shoved it open.

"What the hell?" She yelled.

"Look princess, my friend here was telling you what was going on so why don't you just listen?" This time she gave him a death glare this time. She was not going to let that one slide.

"Princess? Are you freaking kidding me? One guy...." She trailed off into unintelligible angry muttering.

"Um... Hello? We need a bit of help here." I gave a polite wave

"Seriously, back off. I don't need this right now. I just want to write in peace and I've already had enough interruptions for one day." She went to close the door again and again Nick propped it open.

"Leave or I will call the cops" the angry tone left her voice and was occupied by downright way-too-seriousness. I tapped Nick on the shoulder, signaling that we really didn't need that type of publicity. He nodded and we left. We left the neighborhood and drove to get something to eat. There was a Greek restaurant in the main part of town that looked enticing. We walked in, Thorn now behind us due to the slight overcast.

We got in ordered what we wanted and discussed what we should do.

"We could go back when it's a little darker and I could talk to her" Thorn recommended.

"Yeah or I could introduce my fist to her face" Nick muttered, angry. I looked at Naoki, who hadn't said a word since we had seen Anna.

"Earth to Naoki" I said, he blinked and looked at me.

"What?"

"Thoughts?"

"On what?"

"What we should do next?"