Chapter Ten: Escape

"NO!" I shouted

"Yes" he shouted "Now tell me" I thought of some random address,  New Hampshire wasn't far but it was far enough to set them on a trail, that would be a good place.

"Fine they're in New Hampshire. They said that they were leaving right after breakfast and that if I needed anything to come find them in Brunswick, they would be staying in a hotel there." I hung my head hoping it would look as if I had given away something big and important.

"Now that wasn't so hard now was it?" He put down the knife and called over mustache man and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and punched a few numbers into his cell phone. Talked to someone hung up and started to undo my bonds, he did my feet first. I kicked him, immediately regretting it. Pain spread throughout my leg. I winced. The guy kicked me back, I screamed. He undid my arms next while muttering "I'm getting too old for this." When he undid my left hand I almost popped him in the nose but he caught my hand before I could.

"Girly, you better stop or your legs are going to be toast." That shut me down. But this time once was let go my hands and feet were shackled together. I was walked to some door, this one was a white, opaque, glass door with a key pad. He punched in the number, he was covering the side of it.

The door slid open to reveal the salt and pepper haired man preparing a needle. Yeah I was not going in there. I turned around and tried to walk past the guys standing behind me. Every step feeling as if little people were setting fire to my legs. I pushed through only to fall of course on my injured legs. I let out a whimper, and was then jerked to my feet and dragged back into the room and tossed onto the stretcher.

I struggled to get back up but was slammed back into the stretcher. My arms and legs held down as the needle was plunged into my neck. My arms and legs started to relax, until I felt as if they were no longer a part of my body. That's when they took off the shackles. I couldn't talk but I could see what salt and pepper was doing. He was stitching up my cuts that were too big to put a Band-Aid on. I couldn't feel my legs so it really didn't bother me, what bothered me was the fact that I really needed to find a way to escape.

I definitely was not going to stay here and get tested on by these delusional psychopaths just to be cut up and tested on again the next day. After an hour or so the doctor was done and the medicine was wearing off. Then the idea struck me. They didn't have to know that it was wearing off. When the mustache guy came over to pick me up I pretended to not be able to move. We were out the door and around the corner when I tested the medication's strength hoping it had worn off. My theory proved successful. When we turned another corner, I noticed that there was only one guard and he was softly dozing against the wall.

Now was my chance. I kicked the guy in the face, ultimately making him drop me. I landed on my hip. Hard. Ignoring the pain of my scratches, and the definite bruise on my hip, I jumped up and kicked him again, this time where the sun don't shine. He fell to his knees and I kicked him in the stomach, then the face leaving him a writhing mess on the floor.

Huh, never actually though that would work. I had taken a basic fighting course when I turned fourteen, under my father's strict orders, but I guess the skills had not receded from my memory. I grabbed his key card and began running in the other direction. I heard the other guy shout at me and then yell something into a walkie talkie and start running after me. I cursed and started running harder. I was looking for Nick but I wasn't going to find him if I kept running like this. I flattened myself against the wall of a corner and waited.

Sure enough, the dumb goof ran right past me. I walked past, hoping not to cause anyone to notice me. I turned the corner where I had originally come, where the cells were. And of course the guy I took down earlier was shaking off his grogginess and standing up. I looked for anything that would allow me to knock him out. But there was no avail. I knew I didn't have much time so I charged at him. I tackled him knocking him down. His head hit the ground but he didn't pass out. He grabbed for my hands, but I pinned his arms with my knees biting back a cry of pain.

I punched him in the face. Then I did it again and again until he was out cold. Blood ran from his nose and down the side of his face. I felt a pang of guilt as I stared down at him, but then quickly waved it away when I remembered the fact that he was a part of the group that kidnapped me and tortured me.

I ran down the hall looking for Nick, finally finding him at the end of it. He looked at me in surprise and then happiness. I grabbed the key card and swiped it at the lock the door opened and Nick mowed me down in huge bear hug.

"Holy crap Ally! Thank you, thank you! "I can't-"I cut him off and said "No time we have to go." Just as we stood up an alarm sounded. I cursed under my breath and grabbed his hand. We took so many turns it was hard to tell where we were going but I just hoped it was out. Soon guard were following us. We took some more turns not sure where we were going. The grunts and patter of the guard's running only became louder.

I prayed that we found a door soon. And I guess someone was listening because a few turns later we found a door. And then the guards found us we were only a few feet away from the door when the guards opened fire. Shots fired, some ricocheting, each deadly. We ran to the door and threw it open.

I got Nick through and was about to go through myself when a sharp pain enveloped my back. I looked down to see blood dripping down the front of my shirt. I gasped for breath only to find none. They had shot me. I looked up at Nick his eyes filling with tears. I fell to my knees then to my side. My breath labored I tried to utter one final word to Nick.

"GO" And then I slumped over to see the door closing and Nick running away. That made me smile. I had saved him. Then with one shaky breath I died.

A/N- Alright it is not over and there isn't some POV change, just keep reading! And to those who have read this far, I salute you!