Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Maggie Mae and her John Lennon is a work of fiction.

  While many of the characters portrayed here have some counterparts in the actual life and timeline of the late John Lennon and the rest of the Beatles, the characterizations and incidents presented are totally the product of the author's imagination and should not be taken as fact or any source of their true lived.

  This is a work of complete fiction with no intent to offend.

  Accordingly, Maggie Mae and her John Lennon  should be read solely as a work of fiction, not as biography of John Lennon nor the Beatles both as individuals or as a musical group nor any actual names mentioned in the following story.

Above is how I picture Maggie to appear physically.

It was ironically a partly cloudy day.

Staring blankly out the parlor window, Maggie felt the urge to dispose of the eggs and bacon she'd had earlier that morning for breakfast.

Unbelievably enough, a small group of women stood outside the gate of her home, whispering and nodding towards the gated property.

  They acted as though there was nothing in Liverpool better to do gossip about her. Silently she begged the sky to open up and drown the gossiping heifers in the ever common English rain.

At seventeen, she had attended the most exclusive finishing and dance schools in the North of the country, and was poised to attend the Royal Academy of Dance, but the scandal had stripped away her innocence. Her mother, Leah Rose, was determined to teach her daughter a lesson in humility.

Maggie had been summoned into her mother's private sitting room minutes earlier. Maggie, dressed in a simple blouse and skirt, waited nervously as her mother paced the room. The grandeur of the room, with its opulent chandeliers and gilded furnishings, seemed a world away from what lay ahead.

"Marguerite, come away from the window. I need to speak to you." Her mother's normally airy and sweet voice was cold and calculating and the last thing Maggie wanted to do was approach her.

Leah Rose knew something had to be done. She knew all the comments were dragging Maggie and their family's name through the dirt and that was something she would not allow.

  "A lime street whore," The minister's son had proclaimed at a church function in front of almost the entire congregation, "I caught her, in the Cavern Club and followed her down to the Red Light district and there she was! Poor little rich girl needed to find other sources of 'fun'

" It was only because of his father's reputation that we permitted his courtship of you. A filthy minded boy with an even more deviously disgusting mind. I expected better from you, I also warned you about going to that night club,'' Leah scrunched up her nose in disgust at the idea of the dark building where so many of the city's teenagers flocked like rutting animals, "I never liked him from the start.

"You made that very clear Mama. (Ma-ma) Maggie hung her head, her dark russet curls falling to conceal her reddened cheeks. She knew better than to argue with her mother. Without a word, she would accept her fate, preparing herself for the ordeal that awaited her.

''Since you seem to have forgotten your place in this family, Marguerite,"Leah continued as though Maggie hadn't spoken, declared, her voice cold and firm, "it is time for you to learn the value of humility and hard work. Do you remember your grandmother's old friend from her bridge club? Mimi Smith? She lives over on Mendips road?" Maggie nodded disinterestedly, "Well I called in a favor and you'll be working for her." Maggie snapped her attention to her mother finally looking at her properly.