Chapter 50

Maggie's POV

Thankfully the paparazzi didn't find John in the small town we were hidden away in. He surprisingly took my dance school idea seriously and paid for the rapid production and within a few short weeks it would be open.

   "John you really didn't have to pay for my studio you know....." I commented as we laid in my bed after another wonderful session of making love.

John smiled sweetly, kissing the top of my head his eyes softened to look down at me.

At my request he switched from his "granny" glasses for his Buddy Holly ones I adored when we were still kids.

   "You said you didn't want it as a gift so think of it as an investment for me." John Eskimo kissed me before standing up and pulling on his robe.

I watched him slip out of the room before returning with a wide awake Mary who cooed in his arms.

"Somebody missed their Mummy ." I smiled as John handed me the baby who bit at my chest and I grimaced at the feeling.

   Sitting up, I prepared myself to feed her. Once settled, she immediately latched on and began nursing peacefully. I stared at her, her eyes so identical to Paul's which caused my heat to ache.

"He hadn't called once. Not even once to ask about the kids." I confessed squeezing my eyes shut. John himself climbed back into bed wrapping an arm around me "George called every or every other day about Lucy." I pointed out and John shrugged.

  "It's been a long time since I'v seen you with a baby." He commented after a moment. I smiled and pulled Mary away once she had finished. John took her from me and burped Mary wiping her mouth.

  I tried to enjoy this moment with John. Given my past history, I wondered how long this would last before the bubble burst.