The Movie Scene Pt. 1

The pain was becoming unbearable. I was really becoming worried about myself. Riley was noticing so I had to tell her all about my past. She sat on the couch with me everynight after the kids had been put to bed and just tried to help me talk through my problems. She was really caring and thoughtful.. but there was nothing that she could do to help ease the pain.

After everyone had gone to bed, I went to the bedroom and rummaged through the suitcase until I found what I needed. A small, shiny blade. One that I refused to leave home without, even if everything was fine. I had promised Vic and Kellin and everyone else that I'd never cut again, but they weren't here for me.. so why not...?

I sat on the edge of the tub and and rubbed my wrist lightly with my thumb. I then positioned the blade on my wrist and pressed down on it so hard that it had already started bleeding. I slowly drug the blade across my wrist as blood began pouring quickly. The pain was excruciating but I didn't mind. It was a good kind of pain... several long lines, I cut across my wrist. Tears began pouring just as the blood was. I was sobbing and with every tear, the next cut was so much more severe. ..

There was a light knock on the door before whoever it was walked right on it. It was Riley. "Hey, there you are. I just wan-", she began but cut herself off and let out a torturous scream. "Kayden!", she yelled as she ran to me and snatched the blade away. "Oh my god! What are you doing? Oh my god! I have to call an ambulance!", she panicked as she whipped out her cell.

"No! I'll be fine!", I yelled. I got up and made an attempt to take the phone from her but it was unsuccessful. She ran downstairs and proceeded to call the paramedics. I tried to run after her but I was too weak and my vision was becoming blurry. Only thing I remember was seeing Cal come from the room and hearing her scream and then there was Riley who came back and began wrapping a towel tightly around my arm. I think I remember hearing sirens before everything went black...

*****

I woke up in the hospital with Riley sitting on the couch next to Cade. I immediately took in the pain that I felt in my arm and looked at the damage. There were huge stitches in my arm. I let out a sound of agony. Riley rushed over to me.

"Kayden! You're awake! Thank God!" I just looked at her and then turned my head. I was ashamed of myself. "It's okay now. It's okay".

"No, it's not!", I yelled. "I acted foolishly and look at where I am! My life is falling apart and nothing's going the way it's supposed to! My daughter saw it! She saw everything!", I yelled as tears began pouring.. once again.

"I told her that it was just a dream. I told her that it was a nightmare and that mommy was okay", she tried reassuring me.

"But I'm not!", I protested. "Where are they? Where are my kids anyway?"

"They're with my mom. I told her what happened and she didn't mind taking care of them", she said before turning to Cade. "Could you give us a moment alone?", she asked him.

He nodded and walked over to me. "I'm really glad that you're okay. Be strong. I'll just wait at your place Riley", he spoke to me first then his girlfriend before leaving the room.

"Do you want me to call Vic or Kellin?"

"No, they can't know! They'll be so disappointed!"

"Well, what about Tony? You said that he was the only one who you were willing to talk to".

"No way. He'd tell them and it'd still have the same result.."

"You really should tell your family..."

"The only family I have is either imprisoned or dead or with your mom right now! I don't have anyone else!", I pouted loudly as I referred to my deceased mother, my incarcerated father, and my kids.