Part 4 - Exposing the Truth

"We're here!!!!!" The taller one called out to me.

I looked out the window again and see that we were at an apartment complex, the two of them had gotten out and made their way over to my door.
The dark haired boy opened it for me and helped my out, carrying me bridal style over to the building while the blonde one unlocked the front door.
We took a few steps inside before he laid me down on the sofa with my head on the arms rest, and then sat down by my feet.

I sat there and continued to stare at the floor blankly until that space is filled with mind boggling questions. Why are they doing this? They are being almost too nice... What are they planning to do with me? Where am I?

Who are these people?

I go to sit up, but fail miserably and just manage to raise my head. The two of them we're staring at me deeply, the dark haired one on the couch with me and the taller one in the kitchen. Obviously making some coffee. I rest my head down and shut my eyes, I wasn't ready to talk, but they seemed to be prepared.

"Hey Rhett, could you make me one too?" The one beside me asked his taller friend.

"Yeah sure mate, would our guest like one?" He replied with.
With the conversation turned to me, I could sense the shorter one gazing at me, waiting for a reply. Which I did not give.

"Uh, I think she'll be alright"

Once again the room fell to an eerie silence, which made me mildly uncomfortable. So to fix this, I used every ounce of energy left inside of my body to sit up on the lime green, leather couch and to shuffle myself towards its owners. This obviously gathered their attention.

"Hey, are you feeling alright?" The boy I guess who's name is Rhett asked.

"I-err" I go to speak but instead cough up some dirt into my shoulder.

"I'll get you some water" He returns moments later with a small glass of water, that I practically devour in one sip. Then take a deep breath, preparing to be interrogated.

"Who are you?" I ask, with my voice scratchy, bear and barely recognisable to me.

"My name is Charles, but you can call me Link. And, this is my Best friend Rhett!" He replies quite cheerily, giving his friend and me a smile.

I can tell that he is obviously very nervous and is uncomfortable, which is to be expected. He looks like someone who either has difficulty talking to people other than Rhett, or gathering a conversation with a female.

The two of them look at me, waiting for me to reply with my own name and details on how I became such a hot mess.

"Ermmm - my name is Jennifer, I think and I'm 21 years old"

"Why are you unsure of your own name?" Link questions me.

Here is goes.

"Well, I don't really get called that anymore. The only name I do get called is Candy, and that's when I'm at work. Any other time I'm either out with my friends I work with or alone."

"And what do you work as? I know you work at The Deflowered Forest, but what do you do there?"

"You've never heard of it before?"

"No, well, it seems familiar but nothing I can recall"

"Ermmmmm, I'll tell you later but please, what do you work as?"

"Well, me and Rhett don't work but we are studying Engineering"

"Impressive" I reply with, trying to enlighten the mood and change the subject.

"So how did you end up in a grassy field on a private property? I'm dying to find out." The blonde one asks me with a concerned voice.

I shuffle in my seat awkwardly and reply, my hands being shaky and my legs feeling like Jelly.

"I- um, got fired" is all I manage to get out.

"It seems like a lot more than that happened, what did you work as anyway?"

Shit.

I knew this would happen, now I have to tell them. It's the least I can do, even if they are going to pity me.

"It's a metaphor"

"What is?" Link asks eagerly.

"The Deflowered forest. You could say I was 'deflowered' when I was 18. And no, that does not mean I worked at a gardening store." I look at the two men who seem oblivious. That is, until they understood what I meant and their expressions change from confusion to horror.

"I was quite surprised that you didn't know what it was being you men like yourselves but I work in at a bar where, uh mm..." I wait a moment, gathering my thoughts, then sigh.

"I make money at a bar where me and other young girls take care of the young men who stumble their way around the joint. Making sure that nothing bad happens. Although I work there practically daily, tonight this guy was extremely rude and also rough towards me. Not only that, I just wasn't in the mood, so in the end I was fired" By the end of my explanation I see how all the blood had drained from the men's faces, leaving two white figures staring at me, trying to tell if I was lying or not. Leaving me in silence.

"Is that what h-happened to your wrists?" Link spoke, with his voice shaky.

"Y-yes" I replied a moment later.

"It doesn't matter who you were and what you did, all that matters is that you get better" Rhett softly answers. He walks over and sits down on the couch, filling the space in between me and Link.

I think about what he had told me and it makes me smile.

They don't judge me at all.

A/N:
Hello lovelies!
Another long chapter to keep y'all happy.

Yyyaaayyy!

I love writing this story, and I have so much planned for the future that it's sure to be a long book.

Yyyaaayyy!

Question: How was your day today?

Mine day was great, I got an award at school - Student of Good Standing - and I'm correctly listening to RandLer songs on repeat, sorry not sorry.

Toodles,
WriteTillWeDie