Part 30 - Laser Tag

I finally managed to leave Links comforting grip that I might of forced him into. It took some time to remind him that everything will be okay and asked him that we we're a couple, which he agreed to with open arms, quite literally. I did feel a small pang of sadness for Rhett, having to see his best friend being tackled to the ground by the girl of his dreams, but I tried to push that out of the way. The only thing that mattered right now was Link and I.

I went into my room and picked out a not-so-flattering outfit, today was conveniently Wednesday. Today was Bella and I's chill day, and I couldn't wait to be able to let all my built up emotions out with her in the best way possible.

Laser Tag.

It was a shame that Rhett and link couldn't come along, but they were running late to their live performance in the Brisbane Entertainment Centre this afternoon. I got changed into the most unattractive outfit ever. Us girls aren't ones to be messed with when it came to Laser Tag. I looked at the slimming black leggings and long-sleeve dark shirt, I wasn't even trying to look good, it's all about stealth when you're in the room. I slipped on my (black) volleys and threw my hair into a ponytail before leaving my room. Makeup didn't matter in this situation.

I walk out, just to stumble into a tall figure and hear an 'oof' from the other person. I look up and see its Rhett.

"Uh, hi Rhett"

"Morning Jennifer" He replies as I back away slightly. I notice him wearing his infamous cactus button-up and skinny jeans, of course. I giggled at his grey Mythicals to realize he was also staring at my clothes too.

"That's a nice choice of wear you got going on" He snickered.

"Could say the same for you" I chuckle as I lightly tap his grey sneakers with my own.

"Hey! Just trying to support the brand!"

"Yeah right" I say sarcastically and roll my eyes.

I go down the hallway to see Link with his laptop bag and camera on the dining room table. He gathered a few cords and placed them inside a wide pocket before looking up at me.

"Whoa, Jenny, going to rob a bank or something?"

"No, but I'm going to kick some ass with Bella" I said as I gave him a light punch of the shoulder.

"Who's Bella?

"She's my gal pal, we've known each other for ages

"Okay, well as long as it doesn't involve any actual ass kicking, I don't mind. But I gotta meet this Bella sometime soon" He said as he slung the bag over his chest and rested it on his other shoulder.  Link strolled casually past me and met Rhett by the door.

"We'll be back soon, make sure you don't leave any evidence behind at the scene" Link called out as he shut the door behind him and his friend.

"Whatever!" I playfully shouted into the abyss, my voice bouncing off the thin walls.

Silence, it's something that I hadn't experienced for a while. I rested on the couch and melted into its firm, leather seats as I waited for Bella. I received a text at that moment saying she was on her way to my house. I fumbled through my photos and Facebook to pass the time when got another text a few minutes later from Dylan.

Dylan: Hey, I'm sorry for being an over protective big brother yesterday. I understand that I crossed the line, could we talk more in person?

Me: Thanks, and I forgive you too. What time suits you?

Dylan: How about Saturday, 4pm at Macca's?

Me: Sounds like a plan!

Dylan: Okay, cya