What Happens In California

[james]

After Vanessa came, I wasn't really sure what to tell Catherine. Yes, I liked Catherine but a man has his needs. You know what was really wrong? The whole time I was with Vanessa, I was imagining it was Catherine. It's not like I wanted to. I just simply couldn't help it.

"Catherine, pack your bags. We're going to California tonight for a meeting," I told her. She nodded, not meeting my eyes and I knew I had blew it.

That night, I was waiting inside the limo for Catherine to pack and get in the car when she stepped outside in her casual sweatpants and sweat shirt. Her hair was piled in a messy bun and I smiled at her sloppiness but it disappeared when she slide into the seat across from me, not even giving me a smile.

Once we arrived at the airport, she still hasn't said a word to me and I was a bit depressed. Don't know why but it hurt... A lot.

"Flight 246," the announcer said over the loud speaker. We glanced at each other and she scurried to get into the line, smiling at the lady and thanking her as she took her boarding pass. I wish she would smile at me like that... What the hell? Was I jealous of a girl?

We quickly found two seats and got situated and as we took off, I noticed how unsettled she looked.

"Just go to sleep" I whispered in her ear. Her eyes fluttered close and her head fell onto my shoulder. I looked down at her sleeping figure in surprise and hesitantly pulled her closer so that she was now snuggling my chest.

"You guys make a beautiful couple," an elderly lady told me.

"Oh we're not... Thanks" I stuttered. She smiled and I looked out the window for the rest of the flight.

"Cat! Wake up," I murmured in her ear. She groaned and opened her eyes slowly, the realized how close we were before blushing. Gosh, she does blush easily. "Our plane landed."

She nodded and stood up, grabbing her bag, making her shirt come up a little bit. I saw some guy behind her look at her with lust and I growled at him. Catherine pulled her shirt down and rolled her suitcase off the plane, not waiting for me.

Well, gee thanks for waiting!

After a short car ride filled with silence and awkwardness, we finally made it to the hotel and I was so glad we had separate rooms that I sprinted inside to get checked in.

Not that I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with Catherine, it's just that she's been so angry with me lately. Where did that come from? Eh, whatever.

[catherine]

I know I've been giving James the cold shoulder but I mean after you share a kiss like we did and then he meets up with his fuck buddy, well that kind of hurts. Plus, I embarrassed myself by sleeping on him the whole plane ride! I mean I must've weighed a ton and I felt bad for him, and for me.

"Thank you sir," I told the old man holding the door open for me.

"No thank you! You are the first person apart from that man to say thank you," he replied with a kind smile. I looked to who he was pointing at and to my surprise, he was pointing at James.

I walked over to join James, offering him a small smile in appreciation of thanking the old man. He smiled back that sexy smile and that's when I noticed how tired he looked.