Akward Introductions

Cat P.O.V

James had been gone for a little bit too long and I wondered who had been at the door. Slowly getting up, I made my way to the front door to see James punching.....

"Tyler? What the hell?" I screamed. I barely got the last words out before James punched Tyler so hard he fell to the floor.

"That's Tyler?" James asked angrily. I don't see the problem! Why is he so angry?

"Ya-"

"I'm leaving" he growled before stepping over Tyler.

"Wait! Why are you leaving?"

"Because obviously you don't need me when you have boy toys to do things for you!" He screamed.

"Tyler's my brother," I whispered quietly. His expression immediately changed and he put his head in his hands .

"I'm sorry," he said finally. I offered a weak smile but turned to help Tyler up. The arrogant son of a bitch! What was he doing here after he....

"What's up lil sis?" He grinned and held his nose in pain.

"What are you doing here Tyler? I told you I never wanted to see you again 8 years ago!"

8 years ago I was best friends with this girl named Sarah and she had honestly been my other half. My brother had slept with her when we were 17 and she thought they had something special.

I warned her about his player ways but she didn't listen and eventually got her heart broken. That night she died, I had been standing outside of the treehouse trying to get her to come down. She had locked herself up there as she cried over my brother and when the tree house caught fire she couldn't get out in time.

"Aw come on! That was so long ago and I see you haven't changed much. Your still overweight! Imagine that," he scoffed. Another person calling me fat? I guess there's no surprise there.

"She's not overweight!" James stated, facing my brother challengingly. Tyler glared at him but turned back to me.

"Still mourning Sarah's death I see. Just remember it wasn't my fault."

"Yes it was, you ass! I tried to warn her about you but you used her anyway. Like some piece of trash. She was the ray of light in my dark world and you took that away. You took her away."

James looked between us and suddenly stepped in front of me protectively. What the heck?

"We're done having this conversation. Cat and I are going back to bed and you will-"

"Hahaha your sleeping with Cat? How can you both fit in the same bed? I bet she stinks in bed," Tyler shouted before James pushed me inside and slammed the door.

What if what he said was true? I looked down at my attire and grimaced at the loose sweatpants and shirt that showed my belly. I think I looked good considering I hadn't eaten in a while.

"Cat why is your stomach so caved in?" James asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks," I said happily, taking it as a compliment.

"It's not a compliment. If your having my baby then I want it to be healthy so you better take care of it!" He replied.

Is that all he cared about? Only the baby or me? I guess only the baby considering his words. Why do I always forgive him?

"James I'm tired."

He glanced boringly up at me and rolled his eyes before picking me up again.

"Your not so small anymore Cat. Stop making me carry all your weight," he said jokingly. I stared at him in disbelief. The only person who had never called me fat, the person who had told me I was skinny, was saying I was too heavy.

"Put me down," I said through gritted teeth.

"Cat I was joking," he shot back.

"Just put me down."

"No Im not going to-"

"JUST FUCKING PUT ME DOWN."

"No."

He carried me down the hallway to the room we had been at earlier and gently laid me on the bed. I turned my face away so that I was not looking at him and heard him sigh. The rustling of clothes being taken off made my heart speed up and I froze. The opposite side of the bed dipped and I pulled all of the covers to my side. He didn't say anything and I smiled before remembering what he had said to me.

That was not a joking matter.

James P.O.V

Of course I say something to piss her off. That was such a jerk move and I shouldn't have said it.

She pulled all the covers away from me and I shivered in the cold. I stayed that way for 10 minutes before I noticed she still wasn't asleep.

I gently rolled over and leaned my neck over her body and kissed her neck lightly.

"James stop."

"Please," I begged. "You know I didn't mean it and wasn't even talking about you I was talking about the baby and I just.... I think I love you and I just don't know."

Her eyes shot open and she quickly sat up so fast she fell off the bed.

Wait did I seriously just say that?