The New Kid

Announcer: Welcome back students to Peach Creek High!!! Please go to Homeroom, where you will get class schedules and presentations! Your numbers are are on the wall and you will proceed to that corresponding room. That is all.

"So Miss. Sparks, ready for your first day here?" The principal asked me. To be honest I was nervous but I wasn't going let that stop me, "Yes, I'm ready." The principal let me go and I walked towards the wall that had all the numbers to homeroom. "So, new school, new system. Here goes nothing!" I thought to myself. I've never been a social butterfly but people tended to flock to me anyway, so this time i wanted to give some effort back. I looked at the wall trying to find my name until...

Boom!! Someone knocked me down, which irritated me a little because my stuff just flew all around me. I snarled, "Hey!! Watch it, pal!"

It was a guy, he wore a red cap, green plaid button up shirt, jeans and sneakers, and his eyes were hazel, he must be a cool kid, I thought to myself especially because he was good looking. "Holy shit man, I'm sorry..." He started to say then we made eye contact, my mind went blank and He gasped, "Whoa!" I sighed, and decided to let it go and got up to gather my sketchbook and assured him saying, "It's fine... Don't worry about it, see ya..." and started walking off to homeroom. Then I felt a tug on my shoulder, turned around to see it was the same guy that knocked me down, "Wait, let me walk with you, What's your homeroom number?" he asked apologetically. "Room 120..." I said and he smiled, "Same here! Choice!"

I giggled, "Choice?" The boy paused and said "Yeah like cool, or awesome. Wait, You're the new kid right? Lily?" Wait a minute I haven't even told him my name!! I thought, "Yes and yes, but how did you know?"

The boy laughed, "Nazz said a new girl moved into Peach Creek as a cheerleader with flaming hair and dresses like cowgirl or a rock star." I blushed looking at myself and my outfit for today, I did speak to Nazz and she thought I looked awesome, but how this guy was putting it made me self conscious, "Is that bad?" I whispered. The boy smiled and slapped my back, "Nah! I like it doll! Actually I like you, kid." He said respectfully, all I could manage to say was "Thanks!"

As we started walking to homeroom he said, " I don't think I introduced myself by the way, my name is Kevin Barr, and you are?" I smirked and returned the intro, "Lily Sparks. Nice to meet you Kevin Barr."