Chapter 4

Third-person POV

A woman stood alone in the woods. She stood in the shadow of a tree, so she was only a black silhouette in the darkness.

Out of the darkness padded a large gray wolf. He walked up to the trees, prowling towards the woman.

"You're late," Mother Gothel said, stepping into the light. The wolf transformed into a human.

"Jack was asking questions. He was trying to convince Merida that vampires were good," Pitch Black said.

"Rapunzel reported a similar problem with Elsa. It seems that the two met, and Elsa saved Jack's life. Now they both are trying to stop the war which is coming," Mother Gothel said.

"A war we have been working on for centuries. We cannot allow them to convince the others," Pitch Black said.

"My thoughts exactly. I want to be the only vampire. And I can't kill those pesky teenagers. I'd rather not admit it, but they're more powerful than me," Mother Gothel said. Pitch rolled his eyes.

"I know. You've told me a hundred times. And I already told you that I want to be the only werewolf, but that I can't take down the whole pack at once," he said.

"So we are in agreement. Something has to be done about those two," Mother Gothel said.

"Yes. Since you have proven yourself insufficient, I will take care of the problem," Pitch said.

"How?" Mother Gothel asked.

"I always hate getting my own claws dirty, so I'll tell Merida and Hiccup that Elsa is a vampire, and is the most dangerous one. They'll kill her easily enough, and then the two sides will never trust each other again," Pitch said.

"Sounds like a perfect plan," Mother Gothel said.

"Just try to keep your vampires under control next time," Pitch growled. He transformed into a wolf and padded away. Mother Gothel transformed into a bat and fluttered away as well.

Hiccup's POV

When pack alpha called, something bad always happened. Now he had called me alone to meet with him.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A vampire has set up a trap for Jack. He believes that she would never hurt him and that she has promised not to kill any werewolves, but she was lying to him. You must save Jack. Kill the vampire, before it kills him," Pitch said. Jack was in trouble?

"Which vampire is it?" I growled.

"Jack noticed her the other day. Her name is Elsa. She has platinum blond hair and blue eyes," Pitch said.

"I'll take care of her," I promised. I was doing this for Jack. He would thank me later.