Chapter 11

Jack's POV

Elsa was dead. She was really dead. Not faking it, not just badly injured.

I was filled with rage. Pitch had murdered Elsa.

"What are you going to do about it Jack?" Pitch asked. I turned my eyes towards him. He had transformed into wolf form without me noticing.

"I'm going to kill you," I said calmly. Pitch blinked at me. I think he finally realized how serious I was. He turned and ran back towards the town. I didn't even hesitate as I chased after him.

I didn't catch up to him until we were inside the town. People had barely recovered from seeing me run through earlier. Now they were seeing two wolves running through.

I pounced on Pitch's back, and we began a furious fight. Rolling down the street, barking and growling, biting and scratching. I could hear people screaming, but I didn't care.

Pitch broke away and started running again, and I chased after him. A car swerved around us. I caught up to Pitch at the next intersection as he stopped running so he wouldn't get hit by a car. He was covered in various scratches and bite marks, but then again so was I. I pounced again, and the fight started.

"Two large wolves can be seen fighting on the corner of Tricorn Avenue. The white wolf was seen running by earlier, but now there appear to be two of them," a reporter said from nearby. I ignored them. My only thought was to take out Pitch.

"Scientists are wondering what caused such strange behavior in these oversized wolves. We received a theory from Professor Smith moments earlier. He believed that since mating season has just begun, this could be a fight for dominance. As to their unusual size, that could be due to excessive amounts of growth hormone that can be found in the landfill," the reporter continued.

Stupid mortals, I thought. Pitch managed to bite my ear, and I clawed his eyes in return.

"Mommy! Look at the wolves!" a little kid called.

"Look at the gray one. He's so much bigger than the other. I'm betting he's going to win," a guy's voice said.

"What are you talking about? The white one is going to win! See how he blinded the other one?" a different guy's voice said.

That's right! I'm going to win! I will avenge Elsa!

I heard a loud horn, along with several dozen voices shouting 'watch out'.

"Jack!" Merida shouted. I glanced up. Merida was pushing her way through the crowd in human form. I turned my head the other way just in time to see a giant truck crash into Pitch and I. Everything went dark.

Merida's POV

The truck slammed on the brakes as the crowd gasped. But it was too late. The damage was done.

I ran forward despite everyone's protests. Pitch was dead. Jack was dying. I knelt beside him.

"Jack-" I started, but he interrupted me.

"Elsa is dead. I avenged her," he told me. Anna, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Kristoff appeared at my side. They were all wearing long cloaks. Hiccup was with them as well.

"What happened?" Anna asked.

"Pitch killed Elsa," Jack grunted. "I... avenged my mate."

With those final words, Jack closed his eyes forever.

I stood back up and joined the others. The town was in chaos. It was time to go.

--- later in the werewolf cave ---

Third-Person POV

"I still can't believe they're dead," Rapunzel said.

"Who would have guessed?" Eugene agreed.

"Pitch is dead as well, and Mother Gothel has vanished," Kristoff said.

"I can't believe that Moonheart did that! Whenever authors put 'will they succeed or die in the process', the characters aren't actually supposed to die!" Hiccup complained. Merida shushed him.

"We're not supposed to break the fourth wall!" she reminded everyone.

"At least we can all be friends now," Anna said in a fake cheerful voice. "Right?"

"Of course," Merida said reassuringly.

And from that day forth, the vampire's and werewolves were inseparable. Because they all remembered the tale of the vampire and werewolf who were mates, which was passed down for hundreds of years to come.

This is the official end of the story. But for those of you who are unsatisfied, continue to read the next chapter . . .

~MOONHEART