My Story

"You're worthless you piece of shit, I should have aborted your ass, you ruined my life and now you're ruining this family!" My mother slurred at me. I cowardly sat on my bed, still tramuatized about what had happened about an hour ago. My mothers boyfriend, Richie had tried to rape me in the bathtub while my mom had been drinking and smoking pot at her friends house. The neighbor had heard my screams and called the police. My mom came home pissed and saw her boyfriend being hauled away by the cops and after the cops left she beat me senseless. I cried silently to myself, knowing if I made a sound she would punch me.

"Are you listening to me, little fucker?" My mom asked, grabbing a handful of my hair and lifting me off the bed, throwing me. I fell to the floor and felt my arm crack. I yelped with pain and tried desperately to run but my mom caught me and kicked my abdomen, cracking some ribs. She dragged me kicking and screaming to the top of the stairs and I knew what she was thinking about.

No, please dont mommy!" I begged, my tears falling faster as I looked from her to the stairs. She looked at my face like one looks at a rat on the street, with complete disgust.

"You are too ugly and retarded to be my daughter, you are the devils child, my real child is out there and I will make it my mission to find my angel." She looked back at me with an evil look in her eyes. "After I get rid of you!" She pushed me and I screamed as loud as I could but that wouldnt help this time. My body came into contact with every step and every step became more painful than the last. My fraile body stopped at the bottom as I cried and spat up blood. My mother came down the stairs faster than ever, looking angrier than ever.

"Mom.. stop." I said holding out my hand. She took my hand and dragged me into the pitch-black backyard. The hose was there and she grabbed it and turned on the water, which was freezing, considering the winter weather. She sprayed me as I yelled and tried to run. My neighbors porch light flickered on as she came storming out of the house in a blue robe and curlers.

"Marlena? What on earth are you doing to that poor child?!" She asked coming towards the woman who no longer was my mom. My neighbor turned off the hose and Marlena ran to me putting her hands around my neck, choking me. There was a gurgling sound as she continued to suffocate me. The old woman pried Marlena's hands from my throat as I gasped for air. Before Marlena could hurt me again my neighbor scooped me up and ran with my limp body to her house. I was laid on a couch and before I closed my eyes the last thing I saw was my neighbor crying and praying for me too get better.

"Wake up dear, your mother is asleep and its time for you to return home." The lady said. I looked at my bruised and broken body as I limped out of the comforting house and into a dangerous battleground. I opened the door to my house to find everything and I mean everything was gone. I stood there staring at the blankness of the house. My mom left me, she left to search for her daughter, me. I fell to the floor crying and sobbed until I heard sirens aproach. I stopped cryin ran upstairs to my room, which was untouched and grabbed the guitar my nana got me before she died, and ran as far as my weak, and injured body could carry me. My story started there in that crazy house with an addict mother and all I had was a guitar to help me with my life.