Lies

"Daquan?" I say as I turn around.
He rushes over to hug me.
"I've missed you baby!" "Get the fuck off of me Daquan. I know everything. And I know I meant nothing to you." "Who lied and told you that? Baby you mean everything to me! We break up all the time. This ain't nothing new."
"Daquan you had a whole 'nother girlfriend while we was together! This time wasn't the same. And on top of that you hired Marcus to love me while you were gone? To fuck me when you weren't there? To get me pregnant?"
"... Whoa." Daquan looks shocked. "Marcus did WHAT?!" Daquan says angrily. "You're pregnant?!" Daquan says backing away from me.
"So you're angry now? After ALL you've done. You're angry because I'm pregnant!? You hired Marcus to do it! Why are you tripping now?"
"No! I told Marcus to look after you until I got done with what I needed to do!"
Mom shhs us and motions that we move outside. We walk to the parking lot in complete silence.
"What happened to Kyle?" Daquan asks me.
"He got into a wreck. But I'm sure you knew that already." "Kris! STOP!" "Stop what Daquan?" "Talking to me like I'm the bad guy!" "YOU ARE THE BAD GUY!" "No. I'm not the bad one." "Well who is?" "If I told you that..." Daquan pauses. "If I told you that Kris, I just can't tell you. Okay? But I swear I didn't tell Marcus to do any of that to you. I told Marcus to make sure you was okay while I was... gone." "Ok Daquan? But you still had a girlfriend WHILE you were with me. So please don't shift the blame on Marcus. You're not God's purest child neither."
"Did you ever see me with anyone else? Did you EVER see another girl's name pop up on my phone besides yours, Momma's, and my sisters? No! You didn't! Because IM the one that told you I was cheating. And you believed it so easily. Do you think if I was cheating on you I would have told you? No. I had to tell you something that would break your heart. Something that would make you break up with me. So I could leave and you not be suspicious." "Leave? Leave?! Leave for what? Somebody needs to tell me something! The truth for once! What is everybody talking about?"

"... Ask Kyle." Daquan says