The Next Day

I woke up to my alarm going off and my sister ,Tichey, singing. I roll out of bed, turn my music on, and hop in the shower. After I'm done I get dressed for school. What was the point of getting cute when my life is a mess? I put on some gray Jordan sweatpants, a white fitted Jordan shirt, the 11's, and throw my hair in sloppy bun. I go down stairs and sit at the breakfast table. "You going to school like that?" My sister says with disgust in her voice. "I surely am. And I'm going to feel good about it." "You want me to do your make up? Comb your hair maybe?" "I surely do not." I grab my keys. "Now are you riding with me or are you driving?" "I'll ride with you." "Okay. Let's go." When I pull up to the school my friend, Marcus, walks up to me and hugs me. "What is that for?" "I just felt like you needed it." "I look that bad huh?" "Not bad per say... Just not use to you looking like this." "Maybe if I combed my hair?" "No you're beautiful. No lie." "Thanks Marcus. Walk me to class?" He holds my hand as we walk from the parking lot to 1st period. "Now are you going to tell me what happened?" Marcus asks. "With what?" "The break up" "Oh. That. He broke up with me because he had another girlfriend. How was your weekend?" "You're not about to tell me something like that and expect me to let you change the subject." "I'm fine" "You're not though. But I'm always here for you Kris." He hugs me, kisses my forehead, and drops me off at my class. With everything going on I couldn't pay attention in class. All I wanted to do was make it to lunch so I could my friends all that happened. I just knew I could count on Jay, Tee, and Lay to tell me how it is. Time was going by so slow and my classes seem to be even more boring. Lunch is taking forever to get here and I need to talk. Finally the lunch bell rings and I'm ready to vent to my friends and sister.