The Test

I wake up to August Kissing on My Tattoos. Which is my alarm. 6:15 time to do this school shit all over again. I get in the shower. Brush my teeth, comb my hair. And get dressed. I felt like being comfortable so I wear my Tru Religion jeggins, a red Polo t-shirt, and some red Chucks. It's been a 3 weeks and 3 days since it happened and my period still hasn't came on. I decide today's a good day to tell my friends and take the test. "Chey! Come on. We gone be late!" "Here I come." She says running down the stairs. "Bye Momma. Bye Kyle" we both say as we head to the car. As soon as we get in the car and back out Chey starts asking questions. "Kris?" "Chey." "You wouldn't lie to me would you?" "I haven't did it so far in life" "Are you pregnant?" "What!? Why you ask that?" "Because we're on the same cycle. And I don't remember yours coming on. You're eating all the time. And you're forever in the bathroom. Are you?" "Chey..." "I'm not going to be mad at you or anything. I just... is it Marcus's?" "I don't know yet Chey. I haven't taken a test. And who else would it be?" "I don't know. Mike's been talking about you lately. I thought maybe y'all--" "You thought wrong! I don't care about Mike! Now I'm a hoe?" I yell out. Chey looks at me. "I'm so sorry Chey. I just. I don't know what's wrong with me." "Okay tell you what. We're not going to school today. We need to find out if you are or not." "Can you drive. I'm real emotional right now." Chey laughs. "Okay pull over." We switch sits. "Call Marcus and let him know." I pull out my phone and dial his number. "What's wrong baby?" "Nothing. I don't think. But don't go to school. We're going to find out if I'm pregnant or not and I think you should be there. I need you too." "Okay. Meet me a Walmart." We pull up and I see Marcus waiting for me. "Come on bay." He holds my hand and we walk in the store. Chey walks behind us. We go to the pregnancy test isle. "Which one is the best?" Marcus asks. "Well I don't know. I've never been pregnant before." I reply. "Don't say anything Marcus. She's been like this the past two days." Chey picks up two First Response pregnancy tests. "Why two?" I ask Chey. "For insurance." "Okay. We can go to my place. Ain't nobody there. So you can take it them then." "Okay. Let's go." Marcus pays for the test and we leave. When we pull up in his driveway he opens the door for me and we head inside. "Okay baby. There's the bathroom. Good luck." He says patting me on the back." I guess he thought this was a basketball game or something. I'm so nervous. But I head to the bathroom and pee on the sticks. I walk out. Chey and Marcus stand up. "Well?" Marcus asks. It's ...