Chapter 54: Work

~ 1 week later ~

Ezra has to go to work tomorrow and Joseph is at my parents for a couple days. It's about 6pm and Ezra is making dinner. To be honest I hope Ezra has noticed but we haven't kissed since I left. For the past week, it's been just relaxing and getting back on track. Ezra left the room to use the restroom. I decided to take over the dinner so nothing over flowed. I felt warm arms wrap around my waist. Ezra kissed my neck and shoulder. I turned off the burner and looked at him.

"Dinner is ready." I said pushing his chest away.

After we ate I sat on the couch and felt Ezra sit next to me. He kissed my neck and shoulder again.

"Ezra." I whispered. But he didn't stop. He looked at me and in a second he smashed his lips into mine. I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him closer. He climbed on top of me.

"I haven't kissed you in more than a month." He said out of breath.

"I know." I whispered pulling him closer. He lifted me up and brought me to our room. He laid me on his bed and threw my shirt on the ground. All these flashbacks of Charles abusing me flew into my head.

"S-stop!" I screamed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I don't know." I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"N-no I just remember being drugged and Charles abusing me." I said tearing up.

"Hey I'm not him, I promise." He said.

"I-i know. I'm sorry. Can I have my shirt?" I asked awkwardly.

Ezra's Pov:

It wasn't normal for Aria to stop me neither be scared of a person. Charles has taken it too far.

"You mean my shirt?" I smirked.

"Maybe." She said laying back in bed in the covers. I could hear her start to cry.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I whispered laying back down with her.

"No." She whispered turning away from me.

"Hey look at me!" I whispered turning her around. "Joseph is okay, we are okay and it's going to be okay."

"I know but Ezra you can't just forget what happened in there!" She sounded annoyed and got up. She walked into the kitchen and I followed.

"Hey." I said grabbing her hand and her twisting around facing me. "I'm not telling you to, I'm just saying that were okay and I won't let anything happen to you and Joseph okay?" I said an inch from her face.

I leaned in and kissed her with passion.

Aria's Pov:

~ The next day ~

Ezra had to go to work today and I think in a couple months I should start looking for one to help Joseph. I had coffee in my hand sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Alright babe I'm leaving." Ezra said coming to the living room.

"Okay." I whispered. I grabbed his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. It lasted a while until he had to go.

"Do you have to?" I asked.

"Yes I'm sorry." He said pecking my lips.

"Ok bye." I whispered because I was still an inch from my face.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I said and pecked his lips.