If I Should Die Cont.

Never have I ever been on my own before. Up in the air, the wind brushing my feathered wings, my golden hair waving in the wind.

 I can do everything Max and her "flock" can do, so why didn't my own father, Jeb Batchedler save everyone else besides Ari and me? (Yeah, that's right. I wouldn't forget my own brothers and sisters.)

 The anger. The rage fuels up in my chest, and I fly faster.

 I may be able to do anything the Flock can do, but there's things that I can do that they can't.

 Not only can I manipulate, but there powers are going to develop soon. It won't last long for them. For I can take their powers away. Suck them in, and use it against them. I can wipe the flock out. Wipe them off the face of the earth.

Oh... It won't be m fault. If you need someone to blame it on, Reader.... Blame it on Maximum Ride.

 Night falls before I finally make a stop in Minnesota. I stop in a farmed field, darkness all around me.

 I pull out my wrapped sub sandwich from my backpack and a bottle of room temperature water.

 I sit in the field, the invisible eyes in the back of my head scanning the terrain. (Literally. I have eyes in the back of my head. There is a lot you don't know about me.) 

 My invisible eyes give me a mind's eye vision of the whole terrain that surrounds me. All around me is nothing but corn stalk on a farm.

 I take a bit of my olive and spinach  sub, with honey mustard sauce, oregano, and feta cheese. I slowly chew, savoring it. I won't be able to eat the rest of the food in my backpack until tomorrow morning when I hit Washington.

 The whole wheat bread I chew... before it even gets a chance to move down my stomach, my body already digests it. My digestive system is much faster than the flock's, that's why I brought three extra sandwiches for tonight.

 I'm halfway through my first sandwich when metal chains fall on to me.

 I stay silent, not moving.

 The School has taught me well on combat. 

 Flashlights flash in my face as two men look at me with big wide eyes.

 "Who are you? How did you get here?" the oldest man demands.

 I'm trying to wonder why my eyes did not see them. By my guess, they must've come from the air. But.. How?

 When I don't answer, the oldest man nudges the younger one. "What are you waiting for, Sims? Hold the rifle to her head! May be she'll speak then." he spits near me, the horrid smell of chewing tobacco fuming into my nose.

 Silently, then rhythmically, I begin to growl.

 The wind begins to blow furiously, corn stalks flying every which way. The wind becomes so furious that corn becomes to fly all around, swirling like a golden hornet's nest in front of them.

 The old man begins to scream at the top of his lungs in horror as the corn becomes a tornado around the three of us. "A demon!" the old man screams. 

 He won't stop screaming. Not until he faints.

 I begin to laugh maliciously. I can't help it. I may be insane, but it feels so good.

 I will the horde of corn to stop, the yellow husks falling to the ground with a thud as my shoulders heave, laughing.

 A cold rounded metal presses against my skull. I stop laughing in silence.

 I forgot about the boy...

 Before I can even will up the corn again, the gun barrel is swung up against my head. I slump to the side, my vision fading.

 No...

 I've never been caught before...

 Not a human..

 Just a regular average human boy...

 If I should die right now...

 I. Wouldn't. Even. Care.