Runaways

The ear ringing sound of whining sirens are coming closer by the second, yet we are still staring at each other.
I don't know whether I should make the first move on not. If he does not react known, I am going to have to kill him.
"What was that , Jesse?" he asks, an unreadable expression on his face.
I stand tall, !making my way towards him.
"You're in danger now, Jacob. He either comes with me or I will have to kill you too." I say.
The sirens are less than a mile away now.
For the first time in history, I don't want to kill a human being.
"Come in, answer me. I don't want to have to do this." I hide my begging with sudden dark wisps of smoke beginning to warp around his neck.
To my surprise, he runs up towards me, knocking me down right as the gun goes off. I shield us with my shadows, the bullets ricocheting into the pack of machine gun armed Erasers.
"Make your choice now, Jacob, or I'll let them at you." I yell over the violent sounds of bullets ricocheting into the skin of our enemy.
Still he does not answer me, he is too busy shielding me, even though he's the only one who really needs shielding.
The violent sounds die down, as I spot my brother walking, unharmed. Ari smirks, his dark blue eyes piercing as he holds his hands up in surprise.
"Hello, sis." his smiles lazily, pulling out a switchblade from his pocket, beginning to fidle with it.
Jacob raises his eyebrows, and can't tell if it is in disgust or surprise. "Your brother is one is one of those things?"
I ignore him, pushing him off and me, then turning my shadows on him so that they keep him down onto the ground.
"You were supposed to have killed Max and the flock a month ago." Ari chuckles. "Yet here I see you here with some human boy of all people. Do you not have any self respect?"
I dust myself off. Was I really out for a whole month.
"I know." I spit. "I got this, okay? Mind your own business."
  "The School doesn't like without their permission, Jesse."
God dang it. He is such a prick sometimes. He would sound adorable if he hadn't have had that surgery to become an Eraser.
The sirens have stopped.
Dang it.
Without a second warning, I release my shadows from Macon and turn them onto my poor little brother.
He may know what I am capable, but that doesn't stop the forms of a million needles falling from the sky, pinning his clothes to the ground for the police to find.
"Take my offer now, Jacob, or-" I repeat, but before I can finish, he pulls my arm to follow him back to his car.
The screams of Ari, and the sound of policemen running through the trees are the only sounds I hear as we get into the car.
Jacob pulls off, hitting the car at full speed as we whir down the road.
"Where are you taking me?" I breathe.
  "Somewhere we can be far away from here." he replies.