Remember Who the Real Enemy Is

As Max helps me off the floor, I feel like an idiot. Here I am, fighting people like me. My sister, and her Flock. Here I am wishing her dead when what really did to me does not amount to what Jeb and the others at the school have done. Here I am trying to wipe any other bird kid off the face of the earth, but me.

What a fool. I scold myself as Max grabs me by my shoulders.

Her brown eyes are deep pools staring two inches down at me, her hands gripping my shoulders in a death grip. "Look. I don't remember you. Maybe you've gotten the wrong bird kid, but if you pull something like that on any of my Flock, I will make sure you never breathe another breath again." she says.

It isn't every day that you meet a kid with wings of a bird. How could she not remember me? Did she ever love me at all. Ignoring her threat, I dare to stare into her eyes.

"You're not going to do that, Max." I smirk.

She narrows her eyes, fixing a smoldering glare at me."Oh yeah? What makes you think I won't? " she spits.

I chuckle like a madman. "Well, for one, I know how to stop the Erasers. And, two, you know I am Judith. Your little sister."

She lifts her hands off of me as if have the plague. "Judith. She's dead. She died along time ago when the Labcoats took her into the Room. You're lying."

The dark skinned girl named Nudge moves closer to Max, wrapping her arms around her to calm her.

Yeah. That's right, girl. You better calm her down. Max doesn't who she's messing with.

"Judith isn't dead. You know I am her, and that I only go by 'Jesse' because Fang called me so." I calmly argue.

"I don't remember you." Max says, staring up at me. "But, we are not the enemy. The School is."