Six

Again, this isn't where Levi suddenly falls in love with the main after seeing her hurt. No no no hehehe.

Levi: Hey I won't fall in love with -

Hanji: Oh shut up, we all know how you REALLY feel

---

The 57th expedition was in two weeks and everyone was preparing rigorously. The new cadets were briefed about the formation and when to use the gun flares. Eren was excited about his first expedition since he was humanity's secret weapon against the Titans and that he was going with Captain Levi. He knew that Gabrielle was in Levi's team so he was even more excited, but Mikasa and Armin weren't.

"Do you know how dangerous the rear is when we head back?" Mikasa warned Eren but it looks like he didn't give a damn so she gave him a glare. She couldn't afford to lose him.

"We've got Captain Levi and Gabrielle, so there's really nothing to worry about, Mikasa." Eren said and crossed his arms. Then he suddenly frowned. He hasn't seen his superiors in a while, especially Gabrielle ever since combat training 2 weeks ago.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Mikasa said and Armin laughed at her comment. Armin sometimes wished that everything would stay this peaceful and happy, but then he remembered that the Titans prevented this peace from becoming a reality. He sighed and looked out the door and saw Gabrielle pass by.

"Eren!! Gabrielle just passed by! You might wanna talk to her!" Armin said and Eren immediately ran towards his superior, calling out her name as he ran. She turned around and Eren saw that she looked distraught but she immediately smiled and her face was bright again.

"Hello there Cadet Jaeger. How are you?" She asked and ruffled his hair. Eren reminded Gabrielle of her younger brother because they had the same spark in their eyes.

"I'm excited for the expedition since I'll be with you and Captain Levi! It would be really cool if I saw you both slay some Titans! I could learn a thing or two from you two." Eren said and raised his fist showing true determination and Gabrielle admired him for that.

"It's good that you're looking forward to it, but be careful Cadet Jaeger. We don't know what could happen outside the walls." Gabrielle said seriously and Eren nodded. He was about to say something when someone interrupted him.

"Don't shield the idiot from what's really out there, Hall."

Levi.

"Captain. No sir, I am not shielding Cadet Jaeger. I am merely warning him. I will be on my way now, Captain." Gabrielle said sternly and gave him a stiff salute and walked towards the stables, ready to dash out in the open fields. Eren looked at the Captain, but he had usual bored and stoic face, but his fists were clenched. He saluted his Captain and was on his way back to the room. When he was inside, Mikasa and Armin raised their eyebrows and gave him a curious look.

"What happened?" Armin asked, his blue eyes shining with curiosity.

"It was very tense. Gabrielle called Captain Levi... Captain." Mikasa nodded and Armin tilted his head.

"Captain? Doesn't she always call him Levi or Mr. Grumpy or clean freak?" Armin asked and Eren nodded.

"I don't know. Something must have happened between the two of them. Let's find out shall we?" Eren asked, a grin on his face. Armin was just about to say something when Mikasa punched Eren in the face, causing him to fall flat on the floor.

"Idiot. Leave them be. We should not interfere with their personal lives." Mikasa stated sharply and walked out of the room, leaving both Eren and Armin staring at her.

---

Levi didn't know if he cared or if he didn't. Maybe he wasn't just used to Gabrielle calling him "Captain" and the way she said it was so emotionless that it somehow scared him. He wondered if he always sounded like that. He rubbed his temples, trying to get Gabrielle out of his head, but it was no use. Her actions towards him left a huge mark on him and that mark wasn't going to be removed any time soon. He then recalled how she stayed with him the whole night when he had a nightmare about Isabela and Farlan's death.

It was raining heavily and he was headed for the front of the formation to do his job. He kept the image of Isabela and Farlan waving at him before he proceeded. That image just gave him more drive to kill Erwin Smith and get their citizenship on the surface. Farlan and Isabela deserved to be out here in the open rather than being cooped up in that shit hole they call the underground city.

The scene suddenly shifted and he was right in front of the head of Isabela, blood splattered all over her face and dripping from her neck, empty eyes were staring at him, eyes that used to look at him with so much determination and passion, her body was already devoured by the Titan. From a distance, he saw Farlan's upper body, covered with his own blood, blank eyes also staring back at him, his lower body, possibly eaten by a Titan or thrown somewhere.

He looked to his side and saw the abnormal Titan that killed his friends that he considered as family. The abnormal Titan's eyes stared at him and a sadistic smile was etched on the monster's face. Rage filled Levi as he charged for the Titan but it suddenly grabbed him. It easily lifted Levi off the ground, crushing his body in the process, but he neither screamed or shouted. He knew from the moment he joined the Survey Corps that death was just around the corner. The Titan was about to devour him when he suddenly felt someone slap his face and everything was back to normal. He was in his room, only a few candles were lit, making the room appear dim and he looked around. He was in a daze.

"I couldn't... wake you up... so I thought physically hurting you... uhm slapping you... will."

It was such a soft voice and when he looked to his side, it was Gabrielle, wearing her usual shirt and pajamas. She looked worried and scared at the same time.

"What happened to me?" Levi asked as he held his head and there was a lot of sweat.

"You were writhing. It was like you were convulsing and you were sweating really badly. I dropped by to ask for some tea and I saw you that way." she said and looked him in the eye and Levi saw how worried she was but he kept a straight face and just nodded at her. No "thank you" or "you're a big help", nothing. Gabrielle was already used to it.

"I'll get you some water." Gabrielle said and rushed out of his room and to the mess hall then back to his room and saw that he was already asleep. She scratched her head and placed the water on his wooden bed side table. She was about to leave when Levi grabbed her wrist and pulled her down the vacant space next to him.

"Stay."

It was monotonous as usual but she knew what would happen if she left so she followed him and made herself comfortable on the space next to him, careful not to touch him because he might kick her off the bed.

"I will personally feed you to the Titans on the next expedition when this gets out." Levi said and buried his face on her neck then fell asleep. Gabrielle chuckled, knowing that it was an empty threat then closed her eyes. Levi felt warm and safe next to her. He sighed and went back to sleep.

He scowled at the memory, not knowing how to feel about it and pinched the bridge of his nose. Gabrielle definitely knew how to get in his nerves and she knew how to calm him at the same time. He was deep in thought when someone opened the door. He looked up and saw Petra smile at him, but he didn't return the smile.

"You didn't knock, say your name and state your business." He said and gave Petra a bored look.

"But Gabrielle gets to come in here without doing that." She shot back and crossed her arms and that struck him. Petra was right. He just let the woman barge in whenever she likes and do whatever she wants.

"Now that we're together, I get to have the same privileges as she does." Petra said softly and looked Levi in the eye. He didn't know what to say and so to avoid any arguments, he just nodded. He didn't know that she would ask that of him. He rubbed his temple again, pushing all thoughts of Petra and Gabrielle from his mind and tried to concentrate on the paperwork that he has to give by tomorrow.
---
OMG just passed 100 reads ;;;; thank you guys <3 classes start tomorrow but I already wrote some chapters so you guys won't think I'm dead hahaha!!