Nineteen

The story is about to end guys omg ;w;

---

STOHESS DISTRICT III:

News reached Nile and the Military Police, Erwin and Levi about the casualties and damage that the mission has done. Levi was amazed that Erwin could still keep a straight face, despite the situation he was in. It wasn't the news that Levi expected and he was disappointed. He doesn't know what was happening to Hanji and her squad but he remembered that she was safe with Hanji. He doubted that in this kind of situation that someone was actually safe. Right at this moment, they could be suddenly crushed by the on going battle of the two Titan-shifters.

"Do you see what you have done, Erwin?? Innocent people's lives are on the line just because of your stupid plan!"

Another rumble. Levi was struggling to keep a straight face. He needed to know what was happening and he needed to know if she was alright.

"This mission, will lead to humanity's victory, Nile." Erwin simply replied and Nile had a look of disbelief and doubt on his face.

"It looks like I have no choice but to execute you right now." Nile said and the Military Police raised their loaded guns, waiting for the order from their superior.

"Alright. You take charge then." Erwin said then Nile's eyes widened. Erwin started to enumerate the squads that needed to be checked on, landmarks where certain squads would meet, what to do right now and what to do after the mission. Nile was surprised that Erwin could keep this much information in his head, despite of the chaos around them.

"Handcuff him. You'll be on trial after this mess. Send out all the troops and evacuate the remaining citizens. Make sure that no one gets left behind." Nile said while looking at the Survey Corps Commander and the Military Police handcuffed Erwin. Levi was about to move, to check on Gabrielle but he was stopped by Erwin.

"Stay here. I know how you hate pointless deaths." He instructed Levi. He was having an internal conflict of staying here or looking for Gabrielle. He suddenly came up with an idea and nodded at Erwin.

What the commander doesn't know wouldn't hurt him.

---

Gabrielle was in a state of shock and she couldn't move. She didn't notice that the Female Titan was about to grab her lines after her attack. Hanji grabbed Gabrielle's cape before the Female Titan could grab hold of her lines. Hanji shot her grappling hook to the farthest building, holding on to Gabrielle as tightly as she could, scared that the smaller woman might fall and get stomped on. Gabrielle was dumbfounded at what happened. She completely forgot that this Titan had the ability to crystallize certain parts of the body for offensive or defensive use. Gabrielle was too shocked to hear Hanji shouting at her. They suddenly landed on a roof, Gabrielle falling to her knees, tears were already falling from her eyes.

"N-no..." Gabrielle said and looked at the already stained roof tiles.

She just realized how her irrationality led her to another near death experience. She couldn't look up. She was ashamed of her actions. She thought what would Levi say if he saw what she just did? She saw boots in front of her and it took all of her courage to look up. It was Hanji.

"H-hanji... I... I'm so... so sorry..." Gabrielle said, tears streaming down her face. She wanted to avenge her loved ones so badly, she had no idea how the remaining of her loved ones and friends would feel if she passed on. Hanji squatted in front of Gabrielle and gave her a soft smile.

"I understand you now." Hanji said and took Gabrielle's hand in hers and helped her up.

"I... I led your squad to death, Hanji. I... I wasn't thinking straight." Gabrielle said, tears still flowing from her eyes.