Seventeen

So the story is about to come to an end and I feel so sad for what I'm gonna do ;;;;;;;

It's gonna be the same as the expedition. I'm gonna split it into parts because it might be too long since it did take up a few episodes.

---

STOHESS DISTRICT I:

The Survey Corps were getting ready to leave for the Stohess District in Wall Sina and they were going over the plan, making sure that nobody commits a mistake. It's one of their most risky and dangerous missions, since the Survey Corps might come to a close if they make a fatal move. Levi was already outside, wearing his casual attire, a white button up, black pants, his cravat neatly placed on him, thanks to Gabrielle. She was beside him, wearing her uniform, hands behind her back. It was just the two of them outside and Levi was glad to have some alone time with her. Nobody knows about their relationship yet and they prefer it that way, to avoid any further questions and people prying into their lives.

"Gabrielle." Levi spoke and she looked to the side and he was looking straight.

"Remember your promise." He said and she gave him a smile and nodded. Gabrielle and Levi were both worried about the outcome of today's mission, since it involved innocent citizens and it may cost some lives.

"Levi, please don't do anything rash. You're still in a bad condition." Gabrielle said and placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at her and raise an eyebrow.

"You're the one who isn't fully healed yet." Levi said and faced her and gently brushed his hand over her torso, which made her blush.

"You are talking to Gabrielle Hall. I always get myself out of sticky situations." She said and gave him a reassuring smile. As much as Levi wanted to believe her, he couldn't help but feel ominous about the mission.

"Once I hear you scream, I'll go straight to you, wherever you are." He said and kissed her forehead lightly then looked into her eyes and pulled her in for a hug, that would possibly be their last. He didn't want to think about it. She hugged him back tightly, burying her face on the crook of his neck, afraid that she might not make it back, but she told herself she had to make it back. They pulled away from the hug and looked into each other's eyes and shared a light kiss.

"Alright." She said and caressed his face and was about to kiss him again when they heard someone clear their throat. At the same time, they looked at who disturbed their moment and it was the Commander who had a light blush on his face but Gabrielle noticed the glare the Commander was giving Levi.

"I don't want to disturb you two lovebirds, but we are about to leave. Gabrielle, you should get going too." The Commander said and both of them nodded at the same time. Levi was burning holes at the back of Erwin's head and Gabrielle rolled her eyes and hit Levi lightly on the shoulder.

"You brat, why'd you hit me?" Levi scowled while Gabrielle chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Are you jealous?" She said and leaned closer to his face and smiled cheekily at him.

"No."

"You're such a bad liar, Levi." Gabrielle said, noticing the faint blush on Levi's face before pecking him lightly on the nose. He was surprised with her actions so he stared at her then gave her a small smile.

"I have to go now, Levi." Levi sighed, obviously showing his sadness and worry. Gabrielle smiled at him and cupped his face in her hands and gently brushed his cheeks with her thumbs, causing him to look at her.

"I'll be back. I promised you, didn't I?" She said and Levi suddenly pulled her into his arms and kissed her on the lips. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and she did the same, as if it was their last time seeing each other. When they pulled back, Gabrielle's eyes had become watery and she gave him a sad smile.