Fifteen

I couldn't help but squeal when I made the previous chapter hahahaha!! Much heichou feels ;w;

Anyway, here's another one and I've got some twist for the ending *evil smile*

---

It's been three days ever since the incident between her and Levi on the rooftop and she's been avoiding him like he had caught a deadly disease. Levi wanted to talk to her after that but every time he approached her, she would go somewhere else and he couldn't find her anymore. Levi couldn't remove Gabrielle's hurt expression from his mind. How her eyes swam with emotions that he himself can't identify. It's a mix of sadness, hurt, disappointment, anger and so much more. He was sitting in his office, contemplating on his actions. He can't believe that Gabrielle thought of herself as a distraction when it was the other way around. Levi felt guilty for using Petra as a distraction up until her last breath. A distraction from Gabrielle. He distracted himself from the truth that was already right in his face for the past years.

"Damn."

Levi knew that he was always calm and composed when it comes to a lot of things, but when it comes to emotions, he would just unravel and release his confusion on everyone else, making him look angrier and more pissed than usual. He buried his face on his hands and groaned, his head aching from all the thinking he has done. He looked up only to see the unfinished paper work that he has to do once he gets back from his time off. Levi pinched the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Once he opened his eyes, there was a light knock on the door.

"State your name and business."

"Gabrielle Hall. I have a message from Commander Erwin." Levi froze in his spot. He was looking for this opportunity to talk to her for three days and now that she was there, he wanted to run away.

"Come in." He said and Gabrielle opened the door. Levi raised his eyebrow when he saw that the woman was wearing her uniform, her 3DMG already attached to her waist as if ready for battle. She walked in, as if she didn't have any injury on her leg and stood in front of him and gave him a stiff salute then started to relay the commander's message.

"Commander Erwin has instructed you and I to help him in the plan for avoiding Eren Jaeger's trial and to capture the Female Titan in 4 days. He asks you to meet him in the mess hall after dinner to discuss further details." She said and still had her right hand over her heart.

"That's it?" Levi asked and stood up from his chair and walked towards the door and closed it.

"Yes, sir." Gabrielle said, noting that Levi has closed the door. She heard his foot steps from behind and looked at him when he stood in front of her. He took her right hand and placed it down to her sides, a signal for her to relax.

"I-"

"I will be taking my leave, Captain." Gabrielle said and was about to give Levi another salute but she was suddenly pushed against the door, right hand above her head and Levi right in front of her.

"Why are you in uniform?" He asked looking straight into her eyes.

"It's none of your concern, Captain." Gabrielle said coldly and her face remained straight. He was frustrated because he knew she was putting up a front and she was doing it so well.

"It's only been a week since you got injured and who says you can walk around wearing your uniform?" Levi said and glared at the slightly smaller girl.

"Answer me. It's an order from your captain."

"I have rights over myself, sir. Now if you would please-"