Nine

Okay, so here's the second part and I hope you don't find the story boring ;w;

---

57TH EXPEDITION II:

Commander Erwin gave the signal for everyone to go in formation and it broke Gabrielle's heart to see how hurt Eren looked when Mikasa, Armin and him parted ways. He knew this might be the last time he was going to see them, but he had to keep his hopes up all the way to finish the expedition. 

Squad Levi's formation was simple. Levi at the front, Eren behind him, Gunther on Eren's right, Petra on his left, Oluo and Gabrielle right behind him and Eld behind Oluo and Gabrielle. Even if they were at the rear, Levi's alertness and senses were high and so was the rest of the group. He wouldn't let anybody die in his squad. He would be devastated if he lost Petra. She's been the one to keep him together for the past month, especially after his and Gabrielle's fight.They might not have been so showy about their relationship but he truly loved her. He didn't know what he would do without her. Thirty minutes passed and only green flares have been shot but was far away from where Squad Levi was. 

"Petra. Signal your flare." Levi instructed and Petra loaded her flare gun, pointed it upwards then shot. 

"What do you think is happening to the rest of them?" Eren asked, worried about his friends, Armin and Mikasa. 

"I'm sure they're safe. You're talking about Mikasa here and Armin is with Jean and Reiner. Reiner's talented but overshadowed by Mikasa. They're fine, Eren." Gabrielle said, hoping to make Eren feel a bit better. He looked behind and gave his superior a small smile and she nodded. 

Since Squad Levi was in the rear, not much was happening to them, but the uneasy feeling that Gabrielle had was overwhelming, she decided to call out to Levi.

"Captain! Something isn't right!" Gabrielle called out to Levi and he sighed. He thought that she was stupid for telling the whole squad that information, especially when Eren was around. He thought that she didn't know what kind of panic would arise if she said that.

"We will maintain our course. Until there are no instructions from the Commander, you all WILL follow my orders." Levi said sternly and Gabrielle scowled. It was unlike Levi to ignore the uneasy feeling that they shared. She had no choice but to agree since he was the captain of the squad. She thought that he was just doing this for Petra's sake, but that was unusually selfish of him. She understood that he didn't want to lose her at all costs but to prevent from losing Petra, he also had to listen to his subordinates.

"Understood, Captain" They all shouted in unison but Gabrielle shot daggers at Levi's back. 

Another 30 minutes have passed and the green flares were decreasing in number, while the red ones increased. Levi noticed the increase in amount of red flares but still went on with their course, despite Eren's complains on helping the other squads. It didn't help that Gabrielle was unusually quiet at the back. He had to look back a few times just to check if the idiot was there with Oluo.

"Levi, calm down. We're at the rear. Nothing much is going to happen to us." Petra said to Levi. Everyone was surprised at Petra's actions because everyone called Levi "Captain" during expeditions, even Gabrielle did. No one is exempted.

"It's CAPTAIN Levi, Petra. Remember that. Don't take the fact that we are the rear, for granted." He said and Gabrielle bit her lip as she looked at Petra.

She wasn't angry at Petra, but she was mad at her actions. Now is not the time for her relationship with Levi. They were outside the walls and in an expedition and who knows what might happen to them. A black flare was suddenly shot causing the whole squad to look towards its direction. Black means there was an abnormal. Eren was starting to panic inwardly because his friends were on that side. While they were riding in silence, a member from the right scouts, who seemed to be in panic, approached them, fear was in his eyes and blood splattered all over his face.