Twelve

Okay so I hope you enjoyed and sorry if it's taking too long for them to get together ;w;

---

Levi was taking time off from the Survey Corps due to his injured leg and because of Gabrielle's severely wounded torso and leg. Ever since the Titan breech at Shiganshina and the fall of Wall Rose, Gabrielle has been staying in HQ and she's already considered it her home and so did Levi ever since he lost his friends on their first expedition.

It was almost sunrise and Levi got off from his office chair and went to his adjoined room to check on Gabrielle. As much as he wanted to scold her, he couldn't. Every time he saw her, he felt guilty for leaving his squad. He blamed himself for their death and he was looking for a way to compensate for his comrades that has passed. He looked at her and she was sound asleep. Her hand was on her torso and she was snoring. He hated it when she snored. He thought it doesn't look feminine.

Since when was she feminine anyway?

"Tch. Careless idiot." He said before he left for the mess hall to get themselves breakfast. His leg hurt but it wasn't as bad as Gabrielle's. She almost died and Levi was mad at that fact and how careless she was.

When he reached the mess hall, he picked up two plates for him and for Gabrielle, since she was still unable to walk properly. Once he arrived in his office, he opened the door and heard a loud thud coming from his room and he saw Gabrielle on the floor, trying to get up. He rushed to her and almost growled at her feat. 

"What are you doing?" Levi asked, obviously angry at whatever Gabrielle was trying to accomplish.

"Going to get breakfast. I don't like being in bed. It makes me feel useless." Gabrielle said and looked him in the eye. It shone with the determination she usually possessed but her body was going against her will. 

"I got it already, idiot. Sit down." Levi said and helped Gabrielle up. 

He felt her struggle as she tried to get up from the floor and sit down on the ledge of the bed. When she managed to get up, he went back to his office to get the breakfast and back in his room. He saw that Gabrielle was sulking with her arms crossed over her chest. Levi placed her breakfast beside her and he sat down on his chair and started to eat his bread, while Gabrielle was still sulking as she took a bite off her steamed potato.

"Stop sulking. You look stupid." Levi said and she stopped eating her potato and looked at him and sulked even more. 

"I hate not being able to do things on my own." Gabrielle whispered softly and took a bite off her potato and started chewing vigorously and Levi pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. Even in her sorry state, he thought, she was still as stubborn as ever.

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself and assess the situation properly. Don't you know what you're injured state is doing to me?" Levi's eyes widened as the words just spilled from his mouth. He always thinks about what he's going to say. He knows he's straight forward, yet he's vague at the same time. Gabrielle was shocked at his words and she raised an eyebrow at him. Levi sighed and took his plate with him, but was suddenly stopped by Gabrielle suddenly standing up and grabbing on to his shirt tightly. His eyes widened knowing that both of them would fall on the ground if she didn't sit back down, so he grabbed her wrists to steady her.

"Sit down Gabrielle before we both fall on the floor!" Levi shouted, but Gabrielle wasn't falling but was looking down then back at him, her face stained with tears. He was curious as to why she was crying but then he remembered, she witnessed the death of their friends. He was sure that it was etched in the back of her mind permanently. Scarring her.