Chapter 9- Old Port Meeting New Friends and an Old Enemy

Lou emerged from the elevator to the roof top restaurant, her two tall Swedish walls of muscle and steel flanking her on either side, but still her legs felt like jelly and were shaking.

Her legs wouldn't hold out with such little food in her system and the tension she was feeling from hearing just a small part of Voss's interview. For some reason, hearing accounts of the false story were easy, the real story levelled her. Her entire body was flooding with panic and emotion that she had still pushed down deep from the events on the boat.

"So what do they have on tap that's good here?" she said fairly loudly. The two tall blond, broad shouldered escorts snapped their heads down towards her and grinned.

Ander pulled out a chair and she relaxed into it. They almost instantly had a relaxed and playful banter between the three of them. She liked the taunting and teasing and she couldn't help but join in. It was just too similar to how Jason and she had always been. She missed her brother so much. He had called a few times, but the timing was always bad. She knew he felt bad for not coming up to Montreal to be there for her and the boys, but she knew the pressure he was under and totally understood.

Jason's wife had just given birth a few months ago. That was why he had missed Panama in the first place. Crystal had a complicated pregnancy and had delivered prematurely. The baby and mother were both now doing great, but travel with a frail new born and a potty training toddler would not be the wisest thing for him right now. She had insisted he stay home and take care of his family and that she would be back in Georgia in no time.

Truthfully there was a part of her that wished he had of come up anyway, just for a few days. She'd have never been able to rely on him much, but there was just something reassuring in having him around.

"What would you like to drink, madame?" the fancy server asked.

"What do you have on tap?" she asked.

The waiter rambled off a list a mile long.

"I'll take a pint of Tuborg, and a pound of mussels in the shallot wine sauce with fries, s'il vous plait. Boys, you getting' anything? Cause just so you know, I ain't in the sharing my fries kinda mood."

Both men sent her a strange look.

"Just a bit hungry are you, Lou?" Ander asked with an approving smirk.

"Like I could eat a horse, except I'm a big horse lover, so eating a horse would be gross. But it's best you guys get your own food. And move over Ivor, I'm gonna need the elbow room."

Ivor chuckled and once they finished ordering, the guys began to recount some of their favourite Bo moments from last night. Bo was quite the showman when he was in the mood and last night he had most definitely been in the mood. When they told her about Bo singing The Ring of Fire by Cash; the two men were laughing so hard that they were shaking the drinks on the table. Hearing a nine-year-old passionately sing and enunciate 'the taste of love is sweet' was truly surprising and often cracked her up as well.

"When was he singing Cash? He usually only does that in his private time."

"Voss told us about going in to wait for the kids in the can. He was killing himself telling us about Bo singing Ring of Fire while on the can." Ivor was laughing again. That was very weird. Voss, the movie star, action man hero had been talking about her kids to his brothers.

"He is very musical that one," she said. "He comes up with these pelvic thrusting dance moves that freak me out. Carter and I ..." Carter's name caught in her throat. She felt like she was betraying him in that very instant, sitting on a beautiful terrace, drinking beer, bragging about their boys with two hot single men...