Chapter 16-Rain over Me

Chapter 16

Voss took a few pulls of water from the water bottle, smugly satisfied with the thought that Lou's lips had just been there.

Ivor took the stool to his right. "She's happy." Ivor stated the obvious.

"She is."

"She likes you, Voss, she told me tonight. But the thing is, one of you is going to hurt the other, very badly," Ivor said and Voss snapped his eyes over to meet his brother's.

"Why don't you think I can be good to her?" he asked.

"One, she's still broken inside. Two, commitment isn't your thing. You've never stuck it out with a girl longer than six months. We were raised to hold much importance on monogamy, while Lou was raised in a strict religious background." Ivor's tone was hard, his look serious. "Listen, I never stick my nose where it doesn't belong. I love you, and I care for Lou. I'm saying this to you for good reason. I don't want either of you to have regrets."

"Really, didn't seem like any of you gave a shit tonight. We've always had each other's back."

"There is no way this will end well. If I saw you about to do something stupid, I would be a pretty shitty brother if I never spoke up. You're about to hurt a woman you respect and you're going to feel like shit for it later."

"I would never hurt Lou," Voss said through clenched teeth.

"If you don't hurt her, she'll gut you then, break your heart because the woman is still grieving, still needs time, not more complications." Ivor was finally done and took a long drink of his beer. "There I've said what I want to say and I'm done." He slapped Voss's back and moved to the other side of the bar.

'Voss hated Ivor, hated especially that Ivor was right.'

***

Lou stepped back, easily dodging the weak swipe from the tipsy, tart hell-cat who stumbled forward when her hand failed to connect with it's target. Lou was counting to ten in her head, the only tip on how to keep her temper in check and desire for violence at bay.

"I didn't realize Voss was bringing in his whores now when he comes to party in town," another bimbo standing in the bathroom line shouted.

"Go back from where you're from." More faceless voices shouted from over her shoulder.

"You're out of your league." The brunette skank that had taken a swing had recovered her footing. "He will get off on you and then send you on your way, so don't get comfortable."

"I'm about done taking skanks'r'us advice from you ladies," Lou said. "Get out of my way and let me pass."

One of the less sparkly, smaller of the bitch-daisy-chain stepped aside to open a place for Lou to pass. Lou took a few steps, leaving the leggy brunette behind, which was normally a defensive mistake in a fight, to turn your back on your opponent.

The brunette grabbed Lou by the hair, so Lou grabbed her arm with both hands and flipped the skank over her shoulder, laying her out flat on the floor before she could even have time to scream. Her two little sidekick bitches were lunging for Lou, so she planted her feet out wide and decked the closest one square in the nose. She didn't even hit her that hard, but a punch to the nose really smarts ya good and the stupid twit was instantly in tears wailing. The second was too stunned and just looked at Lou with fear.

"Thanks for the warm welcome, girls." Lou turned and smacked face into Ivor's chest.

"Everything alright, Lou?" Ivor asked while watching the brunette pushing up off the floor and the other dark blond holding her nose, being swarmed by a gaggle of slutty dressed girls.